Major issues using BCR2000 with Ableton

*monkeyboi*

2010-01-09 19:25:22

This is not an MT-related issue per se, but I don't know where else to turn for help. My registration at the Ableton forum is pending moderator review or whatever, and it's impossible to reach a real human being at either Ableton or Behringer for help.

Simply put, neither the BCR2000's LEARN mode nor Ableton's MIDI Mapping mode work as documented. Ableton is receiving CC messages from the controller in MIDI Mapping mode, but no mapping occurs. The BCR2000 preset in Ableton only maps a handful of functions, so it is pretty useless. Do I really have to shell out yet another $100 for more software to get this crap working? I am very frustrated and am close to throwing the entire kit in the dumpster. Any help from persons with actual experience at this would be greatly appreciated.

*monkeyboi*

2010-01-09 20:26:02

Does anyone know if there's a way to simply enter the desired MIDI hex codes in Ableton instead of using their non-functioning point-and-click method?

lxr71

2010-01-12 10:50:28

Live does not handle sysex yet.
Since you have a BCR and are trying to control Live with it, I'd suggest getting the Mackie preset:
http://shoshin.110mb.com/genmce/bcr2000 ... resets.htm

The preset doesn't give complete control, but comes as close as it can.
Most of what it doesn't do, can be compensated for with BMT.
My BMT presets contain a lot of extra functionality, in case you're interested.

Another very helpful (free) utility is 'BC Manager', which can be found through the same site.

I've been working with this combination for a while and I'm lovin' it. Big credit to those guys putting that stuff together and making it freely available!

-Alex