APC 40 not working when MT open

Saxofaxo

2010-01-09 14:11:41

I have a problem with the apc 40 and Bomes MT.

I want to use my new apc 40 with MT. I want to control the delete key on my keyboard with the APC 40.

I have installed miditranslator (V1.61, free version) as well as LoopBe1 as an internal midi port installiert.

If I start MT before I start ABleton , the APC is not recognized. In MT as an input I have set USB AUdiodevice (it receives data from the apc). Under output the LoopBe1.

Do you know why Ableton does not recognize the apc as soon as MT is opened? I have Midithru aktivated.

Ableton recognizes the APC when Bomes MT is not activated. In Ableton under midisettings/ports I have everything active under APC 40 Input and Output. There is also under input and output "usb audiodevice emulation". But don't know what to do with it.

I also tried to install the trial version of MT 1.7. With output set to "bomes mT virtual out".

Now MT even translate the apc "button push" and translates it into delete. But the rest of the apc is still blank and I cannot use it. By the way, I have ABleton 8.0.1

Any help is very much appreciated,

thanks,
Tom

S4racen

2010-01-13 11:54:20

Hi there, you'll need the beta of version 1.7 as this is the only version that'll allow the multiple midi ins and outs that you need to fool the APC into thinking it's still attached to Ableton....

Have a look at the APC40 topic in this forum to see the settings

http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2519

Good luck, it's a long journey but it's very worth it!

Cheers
D

Saxofaxo

2010-01-13 22:32:17

Hi, thanks for the response. I am using Windows XP and on Bomes' page I cannot find a Beta version of 1.7 for WIndows. There is only one for OS X.

Does it also work with the pro version 1.7 ?

S4racen

2010-01-14 00:34:31

Sorry i;'m on a mac... yes it the 1.7 version that you'll need, windows users have been luckier in having Bomes for a longer time so you should find a fair few users on here with APC's....

Cheers
D

ruediger

2010-01-27 13:03:46

Hi,

yes, it works with the 1.7 on windows.

RĂ¼di

adrik

2013-05-04 08:38:38

I have installed miditranslator (V1.61, free version) as well as LoopBe1 as an internal midi port installiert.

If I start MT before I start ABleton , the APC is not recognized. In MT as an input I have set USB AUdiodevice (it receives data from the apc). Under output the LoopBe1.

Do you know why Ableton does not recognize the apc as soon as MT is opened? I have Midithru aktivated.

Ableton recognizes the APC when Bomes MT is not activated. In Ableton under midisettings/ports I have everything active under APC 40 Input and Output. There is also under input and output "usb audiodevice emulation". But don't know what to do with it.

I also tried to install the trial version of MT 1.7. With output set to "bomes mT virtual out"

florian

2013-05-25 16:11:52

I think you need to pass through both MIDI IN and MIDI OUT from/to the APC40. At start-up, Ableton sends some messages to the APC40 and expects a reply in order to fully recognize it.

Florian