FCB1010, MackieControl, and Bomes

WayneC

2010-01-05 07:06:13

I use an FCB1010 with Live, with Mackie Emulation. It works great, allowing me to cursur, launch, stop, start the looper, everything BUT delete, all hands free.

When I set up a delete preset on Bomes, it works! But when I try to assign non- Mackie Control midi notes to control the Live Looper, these no longer work. When Bomes Delete translator works, Mackie control also works. But no other midi assignments seem to work.

If I remove Bomes translator, my midi assignments for the Live Looper controls will work. I did verify that the FCB1010 is programmed correctly.

Arggh. I'm sure I'm not getting some part of the Input/Output in Live and or Bomes right.

Can somebody draw me a picture of how this needs to be hooked up?

Thanks for any help.

WayneC

2010-01-08 17:15:07

How about some help troubleshooting? Can I break this down and test to figure out where the problem is? If you can help me do that I'd really appreciate it.
Anyone? Bueller?

WayneC

WayneC

2010-01-09 14:57:57

Nevermind. Got it sorted. The problem was in the Live midi setup. I did some troubleshooting, going back to make each device work, and then unclicking any buttons that weren't necessary to make it work. Then I added the next thing I wanted, and made sure only the buttons that were required to make it work were on. That seemed to do it.

The device midi routing took some experimenting to figure out, but now I understand it sorta. I didn't realize that MT has to be loaded before Live is opened, and that it outputs on Midi Yoke, so input to devices need to be from midi yoke, not my native real midi port. I also didn't know that you could have more than one device connected thru the one midi port. Of course you can, as long as the midi values are not the same for the different functions you are sending.

Finally, Live's midi track/sync/remote panel in preferences section has to be sorted. Since I'm not sending data to a track, I can leave these buttons alone. Its the REMOTE buttons that matter. I just figured out the ones that need to be on by process of elimination. Took about half hour to get it.

I actually wrote the setup down, and saved a copy as a template so I can rebuild it.

Done. Done is good.