APC40, Ableton Live Sidechain-select

APCHack

2009-12-10 15:35:52

Hey Guys!

I am trying to just write a script to select the pressure 2 buttons on the APC, a track for the compressor.
I have presented to me as follows:

Do I make "record arm" for each channel, where the compressor should be active.
Meanwhile, I "record arm" push, I push an additional 1, 2, 3, ... from the "track selection" in order to adjust the sidechain channel.

Has anyone a tip for me as I can which implements the most?

Excuse me, for my bad English!

S4racen

2009-12-10 15:45:57

Is the sidechain menu midi mappable??

Cheers
D

APCHack

2009-12-10 16:09:15

No..
I'm trying to find another way to select.
I'll take an "effect rack" where am I 8 "reducer kick" in, which are already preconfigured on the channels.
Next, I do not know yet.

S4racen

2009-12-10 18:11:24

If i understand you right then, you could place the preconfigured compressors in a rack and then move them in the chain selector so that only one can be activated at a time....

Then map a midi cc to the chain selector and create a bunch of translators that capture the APC40's signals and then output the same midi cc but different velocity's corresponding to the different compressors....

Cheers
D

APCHack

2009-12-11 15:02:30

I am outraged!

How can I tell Bomes that if I press "shift" + "Trackselection1" that then the preset will be changed?
I don´t understand this software :evil:

S4racen

2009-12-14 02:06:09

I'm not sure i understand your request or point of view? Outraged??

Cheers
D

APCHack

2009-12-15 17:22:55

I´m angry ;)
I try to find out how i can use the shift button and another botton,
to change the preset.
I want work with the normal template of APC40 but i want also use own
template´s / presets.
I hope you understand my concerns

S4racen

2009-12-16 15:21:28

The APC wasn't designed to simply offer mulitple set ups to it's core functionality, as stated at launch this functionality may be available with Max4Live... In reality it would appear that this dream is some way off and so some have us have invested countless hours (mine took me a fortnight solid of writing and then months to perfect) in our own templates...

If at the first hurdle you're getting angry i'd suggest you search for a template by Stray called Nativekontrol which offers the functionality that it would appear you are looking for....

I'll happily send you my template to use if your willing to invest the time in understanding it...

Best regards
D