New on Bome and little Probs on APC40

Nordlead

2009-12-05 10:27:33

Hello Bomeser´s
Sry ithink my problem must have many Peoples but i dont find this Problem her in teh forum.
And My English ist very very bad.
I will Programm my APC40 the Rec.Arm butten to Control my Send A chanel.
The Dream wenn i Push REC.Arm.Cahanel on 1(LED RED Light on) - Canel 1 Send is 100%,
wenn i Push REC.Arm.Cahanel off 1(LED RED Light off) - Canel 1 Send is 0%.

Setup is:
Bone Midi out - in APC40
Bone Midi in - out APC40
APC40 out - in APC40 (off)

My Problem is wenn i Progam it(Capture Midi), and push the butten the LED was off not on !
And wenn lose the button... i lose the funktion 100% Send A.
Besause i Programt 2 Translators, one for set to 100% wenn push Rec. Arm and one for set 0% wenn push Rec.Arm.

Many Time i have a truble with Track sel. Buttons and other Rec.Arm buttons chanel 2,3,4,5...
I have nothing Programit for this but only Chanel 1 workt on Ableton oll other chanels do nothing (only Track Sel. and My Rec.Arm.)

Sorry Guys my Bad Langurage skill ;-) thanks a lot

S4racen

2009-12-05 19:03:04

Hi Nordlead....

You don't mention about the control surface setup for ableton....

http://vimeo.com/7907372

includes shots of how i've got the midi routing going through bomes and the preferences in Ableton...... hit me up at darrenecowley@sky.com if you have any specific questions....

The APC can be a little tricky to get going but well worth it when you've fooled ableton into thinking it's still connected directly....

Cheers
D

Nordlead

2009-12-05 22:45:40

Yes i have see this Video becaus, i nothing in ther to Config. in Ableton load a file Reactor.alp

I think this is not the Problem, i have Routing the same as in the Video and test this Routing + APC out ...to...APC in ...many People say that was right.

Two ways was the same, i have no see an cange of work or on my Problem.
I find my fail or what i need ;-)

The Rec.ARm Midi dates is:
Rec.ARM Canel 1 on is Midi / 80 30 7F
Rec.ARM Canel 1 off is Midi / 90 30 7F
Rec.ARM Canel 2 on is Midi / 81 30 7F
Rec.ARM Canel 2 off is Midi / 91 30 7F
( it all other midi dates)
(To Work with the LED i think i need the 2Rules if ga==0 then pp=0 and if ga==1 then pp=127)
My fail is, i Record the Send A midi dates with my APC40 !
I Push the SEND A trigger and roll the 1 potie.
Yes I Record roll potie 1 (wenn triger led on Pan is.. i control Pan)
I Controlled now Track Control Potie 1 and nothing more not my Send A

What i need is the (APC40) Ableton Midi date to control Send A over my APC40.
The Way dose i Record first, press the (TrackControl) Send A putton and then the Roll 1 Potie do not work, i can only 1 Midi message for 1 Trigger or i Progam that for an Execute File, it is to havy for my...
I don´t now do that work, or what i must do... Max for Live is to mutch i will buy Bomes but only then wenn workt my patch dream.

WHY: I will make my APC40 to an Realy good Live Istrument
I have an Soundcard with 2 Outs...Out 2 is go to PA.
Out1 is My Headspeaker... all what i Load in Ableton come Out on my Headspeaker.
Wenn i push the REC.Arm (RED LED light) jump the Send A of this chanal to 100%...,
Send A is Rout to my Soundcard Out 2 and i hear it on my PA.
This dose not have any midi mapping or other thing.
I work on Ableton as Producer and DJ and a mix of it, wery rare i need the Record button on my APC40 i can use my Mouse.
This workanound give my the save, in Produce or in Live(event) or as DJ i can load any of my stuff, Produced Songs, DJ MP3, shots, or work a little on a new stuff wenn i playd on an event.
And nothing time i must top the music or reload an templat, or other configuration.
....after an little beer or an big beer all what i do nothing forgot RED LED the People hear you ! :oops:

S4racen

2009-12-06 00:08:20

Hi There,

I'm pretty sure that i didn't do any midi translating with the record arm buttons, i used a global variable (ga) so that i could add a shift function to it when holding down the shift key (it plays the clip below in the track in question)...

Do you limit you Live set to 8 tracks that you need control over the send A function?

Cheers
D

Nordlead

2009-12-06 11:23:16

No i have no limit (8 Tracks)
Wenn my Way funktion i can jump over xx Tracks with the Bank select.
I Have a limit wenn i Progamit with Midimerge funktion over ableton.
Wenn i understand you, i think it must work any REC.Arm button have an outher massage. But ihat problem comes then wen i have it funktion on the first Canel...

I workt now on a new Idea to realease my dream config.

I have an Configuration for my Korg NanoKontrol, and now i make a patch...
In Bomes... (in 1 Translation)
Incoming midi from APC40 (Push the REC.ARM),
and outgoing midi to Korg nanoKontrol (UserConfiguration.txt in the user remote scripts ordner) i think it can give him any other Names.

Virtual Cable 1 in / out is Routing on My APC40
Virtual Cable 2 in / out is not Routing, is on in Bomes Midi Setup.

And in Ableton Midi Config. is Virtual Cable 1 in and out for the APC40 for Track and Control ON
Virtual Cable 2 in and out for the nanoKontrol(User.txt Template)

Now i have a new tittle Problem or an understanding ^^ WHY ?

Wenn i make an Translation Income Midi Driver 1 (APC40)-Out going Midi Driver 2(Bomes Virtual Cable 1) No Midi Thru!
Demonstrate on REC.Arm wenn i push it (on my APC) Record is on (in Ableton)for this chanel ? why its an translaton the signal and must Translate and rout it to an other outgoing driver! Notig do it in Ableton wenn i push it i think !

Nordlead

2009-12-06 11:51:52

It works, must go to work ;-(
i have to Patches one i Push Rec.Arm. and Send jump to 100%
and One with i Push Rec.Arm Send jump to 0%

2 Problems.
First that from the first post (it no Translation) (REC.ARM is on in Ableton wenn i push it)
The outher is my two Patches bit him, that what you mean with the Record Arm.
Wenn i push it more as one massage come... it come on and off massage everytime i push.

Demo: I Control it with massage X for on and Y for off
Wenn i push it (make the led on) come massage XYX
Wenn i push it agin (make the led off) come massage YXY
Or other Demo:
Rec.ARM Canel 1 on is Midi / 80 30 7F (send bevor and after 90 30 7F)
Rec.ARM Canel 1 off is Midi / 90 30 7F (send bevor and after 80 30 7F)

in the Demo you see i can do not Control with massage X or Y

mmh now must go to work, have a lucky sunday ;-)