APC40 and Bomes 1.6

wbowers

2009-12-04 14:18:19

I would seem to me that I should be able to work the APC 40 with MT 1.6, However Ableton and Bomes are not seeing eye to eye.

In Bomes I set the midi input to apc40 the output to Maple midi output 1 (my virtual cable)

In ableton I set the input to maple in 1 and the output to maple midi out 1.

They do not see each other.

What am I doing wrong? any help would be greatly appreciated.

S4racen

2009-12-04 21:40:26

Doesn't work with 1.6.... And won't work no matter what you try, you'll need the beta of 1.7 which is totally stable....

if you have a look at the latest video on www.vimeo.com/studiosessions you'll see the midi routing and preferences you'll need to get them to see each other and ressurect the red box.....

Cheers
D

wbowers

2009-12-05 03:49:28

I see. I was coming to that conclusion slowly.

Thank you for your response. Yes I have seen your videos numerous times. your efforts have inspired hundreds of us if not more. thank you.

S4racen

2009-12-05 16:38:07

cheers man, my only advice is to never assume that you've figured out the apc, ignore the published cc maps and write everything down!!

People ask if it can be remapped with other midi translators, of course it can if all your looking to do is do some keystroke translators but the APC deserves so much better.... Florian and the team have given an amazing platform for people to create literally anything!!

Cheers
D