sending to more than one midi port

scott righteous

2009-11-22 03:31:46

First off, I must say Midi Translator has been extremely useful to me. It now doesn't matter how flexible your midi controller is, MT can make it as flexible as you need!

I am using a controller to control Ableton, and I want to control some hardware at the same time. It appears that Ableton does not pass any control messages to the midi outs of my Motu - there does not appear to be a midi through function for control change information.

Is there a way to have some translators go to one midi port and other translators go to a different midi port? That would be super useful.

??

Scott.

scott righteous

2009-11-22 07:19:33

I just figured out that the Mac version does not let you assign multiple input ports or output ports.

Doh!

S.

ruediger

2009-11-23 10:05:22

He Scott,

try the public beta 1.7. This version supports multiple in and out ports.

http://www.bome.com/midi/translator/osx_beta.html

Cheers,
RĂ¼di

scott righteous

2009-11-23 20:36:26

I have downloaded the beta and started organizing a patch - obviously this software is being developed faster than I had imagined!

Are there any bugs/issues with the beta version that are critical to it's use?
I don't care about cosmetic things, or interface issues, but would the beta be safe to use in a live performance once it is all set up?

Thanks for directing me to the beta.

S.

florian

2009-12-02 15:48:20

Hi Scott,

all the features in the beta are "rock stable" as far as we can tell. There is a known bug in 1.7.0 beta 4 with regards to MIDI device discovery (will be fixed for beta 5), but if your MIDI devices are all accessible, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks,
Florian