APC40 not recognized in Bomes..?

JuanSOLO

2009-11-21 01:55:47

I started up Bomes, and Ableton to rehearse for a gig tomorrow. I haven't changed anything since my last practice. I have been using the new beta, but it worked last time I had my stuff on.

However, in the Bomes Project Promperties my APC40 shows as a pending device. When I try reconnecting it there, I get an error message saying it's not plugged in or is not connected?

I've tried turning my computer on an off, doing a P RAM reset, I downloaded the Bomes beta again, unplugged everything and plugged it back in, etc.

My APC40 is working with ableton, just not in Bomes?

Attigo

2009-11-21 19:23:16

Hi JuanSOLO!

Which order are you opening the software? If you are plugging in the APC40 then opening MT then Ableton, I don't know where the probelm is...

cheers,
Scott Hobbs

ruediger

2009-11-23 10:33:01

He Juan,

we changed something in the MIDI/Alias implementation. Perhaps your alias cannot be assigned anymore to real device. Please have a look at the MIDI/Alias settings. Can you see the real device APC40?

Cheers,
RĂ¼di

florian

2009-11-23 23:20:18

Hi,

this is most likely due to a minimal change in the latest beta:

if you have two identical devices (e.g. "SCS.3d"), previously they'd be

SCS.3d (Stanton)
SCS.3d (2) (Stanton)

now they are

SCS.3d (Stanton)
SCS.3d (Stanton) (2)

So you need to fix your alias bindings. In MIDI INPUT, you should see

From SCS.3d 1 -> SCS.3d (Stanton)
From SCS.3d 2 -> SCS.3d (Stanton) (2)

Change your aliases (the "devices" in italics) to point to the correct MIDI devices by selecting an alias and pressing the edit button.

Do not use any stale "devices" with the old name. Double click on them to change their state from "pending" to "unplugged". Now with the next restart of MT, they'll be gone.

Do the same for MIDI OUT.

Let me know if that fixes the problem.

Thanks,
Florian