Why doesn't Bomes translate repeating CC's?

pairajacks

2009-11-14 19:38:18

Why doesn't Bomes translate repeating CC's?. I can get the first pedal push to translate to the application (Ableton), but the second pedal push does nothing (lights don't flicker in Bome Translator). The FCB1010 block repeated cc's is off.

My setup;
FCB1010 pedal 1 (cc 51) --> Ableton midi track 1 (output Midi ox 1) --> Bome Translator (input Midi Ox 1)

ruediger

2009-11-16 20:50:36

Hmm, why do you use Midi OX?

Use the Bome's virtual Ports instead...

FCB1010 --> Midi Translator --> Bome's virtual Midi Ports --> Ableton

Use the cature Midi functionality in Midi Translator to see what's coming in from FCB1010.

Cheers,
Rüdi

pairajacks

2009-11-23 03:10:23

The manual (for Bomes) tells you download and install a Virtual Midi Port (see Bomes Midi Translator Manual: Setup). One of the choices is Midi Yoke.

It'd sure be nice if this crap was all in one place! Keep in mind I'm trying the free version (Classic version) until I see that this works.

Can you tell me what menu path you're using to set Bomes virtual Midi Ports? I don't see anything like that in this software.

I also tried turning off midi thru to see if this would allow repetitive CC's to come through.

ruediger

2009-11-23 10:13:04

Hi,

I see, you are using the 1.6.x version of Midi Translator.

I recommend to use the version 1.7. You can use the Trial version here until you decide to buy the software. This version has included the virtual midi ports.

Cheers,
Rüdi