vsynth xt sysex to ableton cc translate??

sik66

2009-10-31 20:11:01

I would like to be able to translate my v-synth xt sysex control messages to cc data to record automation live in ableton and then translate in reverse from live to sysex for the out signal back to v-synth for playback... :shock: I know i need mt pro which I dl and looked at but what is a good tactical way of programing this in mt? I have a list of all the hex's for the v-synth xt. I have a basic understanding of the method and concept of what to do just no experience or expertise on where to begin. The one issue I see is that v-synth has 8 encoders which change function based on what menu you are in, is that an issue....any help or direction would be great!!

sik66

2009-11-02 04:54:30

ok.. how about just some advice on how to translate my sysex messages to midi messages. all parameters are for rotary controls.

Attigo

2009-11-17 07:10:53

Hi sik66!

I don't understand how or why you want to translate SYSEX messages to different MIDI messages.

Do you mean your Control Change (CC) messages from the rotary encoders?

When you change modes on your controller, the encoders will just send different CC messages..

Let me know exactly what it is you want to do and I will hopefully be able to help!

cheers,
Scott Hobbs