possible to mix mouse outgoing with midi message outgoing

gabriels

2009-10-05 09:51:59

Is there a way, within the same translator to output a midi cc message and a mouse command (In particular with an absolute cursor position)?
Or is it possible to send an absolute cursor position and then a mouse click?
Ideally, I'd like to be able to send all three within the same translator (midi cc message, followed by absolute cursor position, followed by mouse click.
Gabriel

florian

2009-10-05 22:55:48

Hi Gabriel,

currently, you cannot have two outgoing actions from one single translator (that's planned for a later version though). But it's no problem to duplicate the translator and just replace the outgoing action (adapt the rules, though, if necessary!) so that you have two translators executing on the same incoming action.

Regards,
Florian

gabriels

2009-10-06 02:24:17

Hi Florian,
maybe I only imagined it, but yesterday I thought I did find a way to output two midi messages from the same translator by merely putting one outgoing messagenafter the other (separated by a space) as suggested somewhere in this forum. I guess you are responding specifically to the case I was asking about-a mouse command mixed with a midi command? Still, I coulndt even begin to create my system without MT. Making two translators for this kind of situation isn't that big a price to pay!
Thanks
Gabriel

florian

2009-11-17 11:36:58

Hi Gabriels, just wanted to reply and say I'm happy about this!

And yes, you can concatenate MIDI messages in the outgoing action. So for MIDI messages, you can send multiple MIDI messages from one outgoing action. The same applies to Keystroke Sequence: you can enter many keystrokes in one outgoing action. But for mixing different outgoing actions, you need to create multiple translators with the same incoming action.

Thanks,
Florian