nanoKontrol >>> MT >>> Live

timeboy

2009-10-05 05:35:50

Hello, future MT owner here.

I'm using a Korg nanoKontrol to trigger different effect devices in Live. I'm running into a big problem that I'm hoping Midi Translator will resolve.

I'm trying to MIDI map my nanoKontrol so that I can simultaneously control 3 different effect devices using the 9 encoder knobs. I figure I could dedicate three knobs for each effect (i.e. EQ - Lows, Mids, Highs | Auto Pan - Amount, Rate, Phase | Delay - Feedback, Dry/Wet, Link).

This sounds simple enough but here's where the problem arises. If I map the controls in Live it only associates the MIDI messages to whichever track I originally mapped it to. What I really want is for my nanoKontrol to control the three effect devices per track selected.

The only answer I can come up with is to set each track's devices to receive information on a specific MIDI channel. Then set up MT so that when I press a CC button on the nanoKontrol to select lets say Track 4, it tells all the encoder knobs to transmit MIDI messages on Midi Channel 4. Does this make sense or is there an alternative way to do it?

To sum it up, I basically need to be able to press a button and have all the following information transmit on a certain MIDI channel. I'll need it to work for 8 MIDI channels - which will be the 8 different tracks to select

If Midi Translator can solve my problem I'll buy the pro version right away.

Thanks in advance!!!

gabriels

2009-10-12 02:31:13

Won't be long before you're a fellow MT user. This kind of thing is easily handled by MT's ability to store variables and make conditional decisions. See you on the forum! 8)

timeboy

2009-10-12 20:57:21

You are exactly right. MT was absolutely the program I needed :)

I am now a proud owner.

Attigo

2009-11-17 06:02:44

Hi timeboy!

Did you get everything you needed to work? If not, just give me a shout.

Glad you like the program!

cheers,
Scott Hobbs