Bome's Resources?

mnmlmike

2009-09-02 18:07:26

Hey all,

So I have been rocking the APC40 for a while and it's great.
I definitely freaked the standard mapping as much as much as possible
without getting Bome's involved.

I recently checked out Darren Cowley's amazing APC40 modifications
which I'm sure you've all probably seen. For my personal set up I wanted to
take some of those principles and simplify/customize it a bit more. However I just
recently got Bome's and am having a hard time visualizing how make everything happen.

I also want to do the standard visual metronome thing (multiple midiclips send info to the APC
which light up the different buttons in sync) I have read the documentation for Bome's which
is pretty nice but I still wish I had more resources available to me for learning how to implement
this app in my set up.

So my question is two fold.

1. Does anyone have any good resources for Bome's on the net
stuff like, tutorials, blog posts, people using it in interesting ways?

2. Can someone link me to some resources on modifying the APC specifically things like making the lights
light up. I know you can capture midi in Bomes for SENDING midi to the APC to make the buttons light up
is a different story no?

Thanks in advance
-Mike

joesapo

2009-09-05 00:46:37

Looks like you already found abletonlivedj.com... There are alot of Bomes users there, and it's a great site for Ableton specific information. There's also been a large influx of APC users, so you might have better luck checking around there.

Besides that, we're working on a new much-more-comprehensive version of the MT manual that should be hosted sometime soon... Also, search around the forum! There've been some really unique/unusual/interesting things that people have used MT for!

joe