Guitar Hero World Tour PC Version with Midi Translator

GoblinSandwich

2009-08-23 17:41:46

Hi,
I wanna hook my e-drums as a controller for GHWT.
It's possible to play the game with the keyboard, so I wanted to assign my edrums to the same keyboard buttons GHWT is using.

I assigned the buttons successfully - I opened up Notepad and the drums are typing in the letters I assigned to them - HOW COOL!

Now the real deal, testing it in GHWT. I pop up the game, but the drums don't initiate anything. I go back to my desktop, choosing Notepad again, and the drums ARE triggering the keys..

What am I doing wrong? is it because GHWT working as a fullscreen?
Please help me, I'm dying to rock out with my drums, as the bundled drums that comes with GHWT really suck.

ruediger

2009-08-25 09:58:46

Hi,

what version of Midi Translator are you using?

Best regards,
Rüdi

GoblinSandwich

2009-08-25 10:50:20

Thanks for your response!

I tried both Classic (1.6.1) and Pro Trial (1.7.0).. Both with the same problem.

ruediger

2009-08-25 11:11:55

Hi,

that´s strange. I tried gaming with Frets on Fire, and it worked with MT 1.7.

I will talk to my partner if you can get a pre release of the new version of MT.

Best regards,
Rüdi

GoblinSandwich

2009-08-25 11:25:57

That will be great, please keep me updated.

piraten91

2009-09-01 08:29:29

I have the same problem.
I also have an electronic drumset plugged to my PC and i assigned the buttons succesfully, and i tried using them in notepad.
Everything works great until i open Guitar hero world tour, it wont react no matter how much i hit the drums but when i manually hit the keyboard buttons it work.
Why cant i get Bomes midi translator to work with guitar hero world tour? :(

I appreciate any help. :)

EDIT: Im using Bome's Midi Translator Classic V1.61

ruediger

2009-09-01 09:36:42

Hey guys,

I hava an idea.

Yesterday I remembered the frets on fire preset. See below. You don´t have to forget to make key down and key up for one keystroke. Otherwise the Keystroke is not recognized.

Code: Select all

Translator 0 :green down
Options: swallow
Incoming: MIDI B0 6B 7F
Outgoing: Key down: F1

Translator 1 :green up
Options: swallow
Incoming: MIDI B0 6B 00
Outgoing: Key up: F1

Maybe that helps.

Best regards,
Rüdi[/code]

piraten91

2009-09-01 12:02:09

Ok i remade the script so that it looks like you are suggesting.
It works fine with any program i can find but it still wont work for guitar hero.
:(

ruediger

2009-09-04 21:33:38

Hi,

look at this thread.

http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=6244

Best regards,
Rüdi

GoblinSandwich

2009-09-05 14:45:54

ruediger wrote:Hi,

look at this thread.

http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=6244

Best regards,
Rüdi

The problem with this solution is that you still need the original drumset near by - space consuming..

I wanted to use Bome's only so I can put my original drumkit away while playing.. :P

Jimmy de Grasso

2009-09-06 22:59:49

Im trying same thing without success.
I've spent my whole weekend searching ways to make GHWT work with just my TD9 and a midi/usb cable, without GHWT "brain".

Lets findaway to do this!

GoblinSandwich

2009-09-07 08:38:15

I knew I wasn't the only one looking for this.. :)

KauheeApina

2009-09-18 13:03:03

I tried to get it work for months with no success. :D
I first tried bome but could get it work. Then i read this and got it work http://www.fretsonfire.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1831
Read it very carefully or its not going to work.

florian

2009-09-22 12:16:36

Hi,

it should work with Midi Translator 1.7 in just the same way. You cannot, though, use the 1.6 version -- it uses an outdated key emulation algorithm.

And, as Ruediger pointed out, you need to specify keystroke down and keystroke up separately. Then it shouldn't be a problem to use the games without their original device.

Regards,
Florian

alizad89

2009-10-22 23:47:50

I am using midi translator 1.7 and i used the tips from Ruediger and still no dice. Has anyone confirmed this to work yet?

Thanks

Ammpexx

2009-10-30 18:07:28

Hi!

-And one more... I am also looking for a solution of the exact same problem! -I can type any character required in GH to play drums (r, u, s, h and space) in word etc with my E-Drum-Set... but the game just doesn't recognize it!! I'm getting mad! -Please don't let this thread die without a proper solution!

Ammpexx

2009-11-01 10:09:09

I got it working!!!!

Simply took the preset for GH in 1.7, remapped it for my drumset and tadaa... it works! -The latency is a little disturbing though... -By adjusting it in the game, using the guitar becomes quite difficult... => keep improving the programm!

florian

2009-11-22 15:04:02

Hi Ammpexx,

great to hear that it works! Note, the latency is very likely not an issue with Midi Translator. Our measurements for MIDI-to-MIDI translations are in the low microsecond range. A delay becomes noticeable if it is at least 100 times longer, e.g. 1 millisecond or more. Even 10ms isn't a problem for most applications.

Rather, you should try to find a way to optimize GH. Or is it working fine when using the real computer keyboard? Then probably something with the preset is not right...

Thanks,
Florian

Ianus

2011-05-11 22:54:51

hi everybody,

well this thread is realy old but i wanna play gh:wt. i realy tried everything you said in this thread. i downloaded version 1.7 took the guitar hero patern but nothing happens. it looks like the translator gets inactive when the guitar hero window is in front. in word, firefox and msn it works perfectly....but i want to play gh:wt, sooooo plz if you have more ideas how i can get it working help me.

i'm using windows 7 64bit and my drumkit is an alesis dm6 with direct usb output (i know, its crap, but for a beginner like me it was perfect :mrgreen: ), could that be a problem?

konrad44

2014-12-30 12:48:03

Here is a working preset that connects Alesis DM6 drums to Guitar Hero World Tour PC game

https://mega.co.nz/#!1JRTTIxQ!hWDOrm-GD ... qLo2BEIfKA

works for Bome's MIDI Translator Pro 1.7.2

Just plug Alesis USB to your computer, run the MIDI translator, open the script and open GH:WT. Your Alesis e-drums will act as drums in the game.