"Failed to open midi out device" error message?

gabriels

2009-08-11 10:58:22

I seem to really be in a mess now with my lack of understanding of ports and virtual ports and aliases and routing.
I'm now getting this error message when opening MT:
"Failed to open midi out device "in from midiyoke:1". Please connect the device(s) or select another one in midi setup"
However, when I look at my midi settings in MT, the device called "in from midi yoke:1" is listed as port type "midi in". There is no device with that name listed as an output port.
It's true that I played around with the aliases but I can't imagine that that would affect port types. I also notice that midi in and out ports are mixed together in the listing. They're not listed first all input ports and then all output ports.
This is especially frustrating now as I'm so very close to finishing my project but seem to be systematically destroying the midi port settings that once worked and can't seem to get them working again
I hope you can help.
Gabriel
ps. Sorry fir the flurry of posts recently. I'm just confused as to why I'm having these difficulties

ruediger

2009-08-25 11:04:41

Hi Gabriel,

In from MidiYoke:1 is Midi In
Out to MidiYoke: 1 is Midi Out

but is one Virtual Midi Device.

I recommend that you only use the Bome's Virtiual Midi Ports instead of using MidiYoke and Bome's Virtual Midi Ports.

"ports and virtual ports and aliases and routing":

- Ports are the real ports
- Virtual Ports act like real ports without having a hardware
- Aliases represents real ports or virtual ports. E.g. in WinXP you have
sometimes USB-AudioDevice 1 USB-Audidevice 2 and so on. So, now
you can asign aliases to use in your project.

We hope to get the manual for the 1.7 from our staff soon :)

Best regards,
RĂ¼di