How to turn groups of presets on and off with one preset?

gabriels

2009-08-11 09:13:36

I have two groups of presets. There are five presets in each group. I want to be able to use a single preset to enable one group of five presets while disabling the other group of five presets (and vice-versa, if course). At present I'm able to do this but I need many presets, each of which responds to a toggle switch and which has a preset change as it's outgoing. Isbthere a more efficient way to di this?
Gabriel.

joesapo

2009-08-11 21:57:24

gabriels wrote:I have two groups of presets. There are five presets in each group. I want to be able to use a single preset to enable one group of five presets while disabling the other group of five presets (and vice-versa, if course). At present I'm able to do this but I need many presets, each of which responds to a toggle switch and which has a preset change as it's outgoing. Isbthere a more efficient way to di this?
Gabriel.
Short answer: Not really.

Your best bet to get this functionality is to have an 'always active' preset that handles your preset activating/deactivating for you. You'll have to have an individual ON and OFF translator set up for all 10 of your presets.

The Preset Change outgoing event at this time only works with one preset at a time (by next/previous, by unique name, or by number/variable).

You *could* get creative with a timer function and variables, say looping a timer 5 times, incrementing the preset number value +1 each time and sending on/off signals. I don't think that would be a more 'efficient' way to go about it tho.

Joe