Is there a way to print all presets at the same time?

gabriels

2009-08-10 21:28:25

I'm trying to create documentation for my MT program and seem to have to select each preset separately in order to print it. Is there some way to select all the presets and send them to the printer?
Thanks,
Gabriel

joesapo

2009-08-11 22:01:01

gabriels wrote:I'm trying to create documentation for my MT program and seem to have to select each preset separately in order to print it. Is there some way to select all the presets and send them to the printer?
Thanks,
Gabriel
This is going to sound crazy, but you could actually just use a series of keyboard translators to automate the 'save as text file' procedures. Write your own new feature into Midi Translator! :D

Other than that, you're stuck with doing them one-by-one.

joe

florian

2009-09-07 22:39:15

Indeed, although Joe's proposal is ingenious :) this should be possible in future versions. It's added to the ToDo list.

Florian

gabriels

2009-09-08 10:07:38

I'm glad to see this.
What I'm doing currently is to export the individual preset files as text. Then I combine them into one long text file so that I can search easily for global variables. I'm not so organized, and so I loose track of which variables I've used in various translators. Obviously this can cause a lot of trouble.
I also edit the file to include comments, which I find helpful to understand what it is that I've written. This of course has to be done repeatedly, because, as the code changes, I would have to export the various preset text files again in order for them to reflect the current state of the program. But it's not so bad, because, at this point, the program is well under way, and I'm mainly doing the final debugging in a few of the translators. Only those translators need to be replaced in my combined text file.
Gabriel

joesapo

2009-09-08 23:41:15

florian wrote:Indeed, although Joe's proposal is ingenious :) this should be possible in future versions. It's added to the ToDo list.

Florian
:lol:

I would just like to add to not forget you can add your own custom descriptions for the incoming and outgoing actions that will show up in your translators/presets window and will export as a text file just fine too.

gabriels

2009-09-08 23:55:14

Nice!