Key up/down

JlMoriart

2009-08-06 22:29:38

When using MT to translate keystrokes to midi, how does one tell it to play the note when the key is down and to release the midi note when it is up? I see the options in incoming for key down/up event but how does one tell it specifically to use down for on and up for off? Is it something in rules?
Thanks.

joesapo

2009-08-07 19:42:30

JlMoriart wrote:When using MT to translate keystrokes to midi, how does one tell it to play the note when the key is down and to release the midi note when it is up? I see the options in incoming for key down/up event but how does one tell it specifically to use down for on and up for off? Is it something in rules?
Thanks.
Rules shouldn't be involved in a 1:1 translation like you're describing. All you really should need is to specify your incoming triggers and outgoing actions specific to the keys/notes that you are using.

Say you want to use the Z key to play a midi keyboard note C3 on midi channel #1... A simple pair of translators should be all you need; one to register for the Z Key Down trigger and outputting a MIDI Note On message, and one to trigger on the Z Key Up event and outputting MIDI Note Off.

Code: Select all

Translator 1: Z Down
Options: stop=false
Incoming: Key down: Z
Outgoing: MIDI 90 30 7F

Translator 2: Z Up
Options: stop=false
Incoming: Key up: Z
Outgoing: MIDI 80 30 00 

JlMoriart

2009-08-08 06:54:21

Oh, I see, the "note off" is just a midi message of velocity 0, am I interpereting that correctly?
Thanks so much :)