CC# 32 used to change banks.

Bryan H

2009-07-17 07:13:11

Hi,
In a nutshell, I use a very old sequencer called "Texture" run from "Dosbox" in Win XP and the CC controller will only allow 0-127 as a value.
i want to re map the CC#32 to a value of 8129 which will then call up stacked instruments in "Gigastudio 4".
Interface is RME Fireface 800, and all midi is internal (no midi leads)
How would Translator (classic) do this...... any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
newbie Bryan H
Australia

florian

2009-07-22 23:34:42

Hi Bryan,

all controllers in MIDI are 0..127. Some controllers can be combined, so you have 128*128 different values. I assume you can do that with your old sequencer, too, but it can also be done in Midi Translator.

E.g.
INCOMING: MIDI <your CC message>
OUTGOING: MIDI <your CC message> <CC #32>

If you need more specifics, please send in more detail which controller, and which values, etc.

Thanks,
Florian

Bryan H

2009-07-23 02:06:22

Hi Florian,
Thanks for the reply, Since my post and your reply I have found that the second application is incapable of performing that action, so as a work around I need is to have a CC# emulate pressing the "Z" key once. Can you help with this please?
regards
Bryan

joesapo

2009-07-24 01:54:28

Bryan H wrote:Hi Florian,
Thanks for the reply, Since my post and your reply I have found that the second application is incapable of performing that action, so as a work around I need is to have a CC# emulate pressing the "Z" key once. Can you help with this please?
regards
Bryan
Bryan,

That is one of Bome's MT's strongest points, actually... :D

It should be a simple matter of capturing the MIDI data as an incoming action, and then selecting keystroke emulation as the outgoing action.

You should have something set up similar to this;

Code: Select all

--------------- Preset CC32_to_key
Translator 1: CC32_to_keystroke
Options: stop=false
Incoming: MIDI B0 20 oo 
Outgoing: Keystroke: Z 
This translator will watch for any value on midi channel #1, controller #32, and output a 'Z' key press whenever it receives.

You can also limit the keypress action by altering the 'oo' variable in the translator to watch for something more specific, such as '00' to only press Z when it receives a value of zero (your fader is all the way down, or your knob is all the way to the left, etc).

Hope this helps! :D