1.7 beta errors w/ stanton darouter generic single preset

mike912

2009-06-30 13:39:35

I have setup the stanton preset to have all my own custom midi messages for live and deckadance with the scs3d, all was fine for the last 3 weeks since the beta release, then the other day it would not initiate virtual midi ports, when I tried to assign these ports they said "pending" in the status field.

looked through preferences to make sure virtual midi ports were enabled, they were not, I had never disabled them, they had disabled themselves somehow.

turned them on in prefs but still no go, just "pending" in the status field.

I restarted the software a few times and it didnt help, then I restarted the comp and it solved the issue, temporarily, but then it came back and happened again.

its also sending some strange errant midi messages from time to time, specifically and most often on the 4 corner buttons of the scs3m.

example-when I press the lower left corner button on the "vinyl" template its the play button for deckadance deck A, the upper left button is the rewind/jump to start button, the upper right is the tempo slave button.

each of these has a not on and note of message assigned

these arent the exact midi #'s but here's how it happens.

midi message 1 - 97 43 7f/87 43 00
midi message 2 - 97 22 7f/87 22 00
midi message 3 - 97 12 7f/87 12 00

so I press button 1 and the "43" on message goes out, I release my finger and the 43 off message goes out

then I press button 2 with the "22" on/off, the first message sent on contact will be the 43 on, when released it will send 22 off, then when pressed again it will be the 22 on and off as programed.

then I press button 3, and "22" on, then 12 off and so on, thats the pattern.

it has never happened with the lower right corner button.

this pattern appears and disappears from time to time across the corner buttons, the last previous message gets carried over to the new button for the first press, this will happen most often between the corner buttons

let me know if I made sense here guys :D

and please read this thread on the imageline forums because I really think that deckadance and bomes have some kind of issues

http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?t=36149

florian

2009-06-30 19:59:00

Hi Mike,

thanks for the report. I don't know what's going on. We don't have reports with these symptoms.

I assume you're on Mac? Which version of OSX are you using? What other MIDI devices/ports are attached/installed? Which version of DaRouter are you using? I'd advise to use the latest from the Stanton forum: http://forums.stantondj.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=335

Other than that I don't know what the problem might be. If you don't start Deckadance, is DaRouter working fine with other apps, e.g. Traktor (Demo), etc.?

Thanks for checking this out. Stability is the most important aspect for us.

Regards,
Florian

mike912

2009-07-01 01:34:27

not using darouter anymore, opening the scs3d generic single template directly in bomes MT, 1.7 beta, then editing the outgoing midi actions of the preset directly.

I mentioned the thread within the imageline forums because this only happens with deckadance it seems, but it also seems related to MT pro.

when I ran darouter into MT then into DD it created a lot of strange issues within DD as parameters would start to move when almost any kind of midi was sent through, whether it was assigned to anything or not.

after I dropped darouter and customized the preset in the 1.7 beta it stopped doing that for the most part, it just does this one little thing still and only on certain pages of the preset, deck & vinyl specifically.

macbook white 2.0 os 10.4.11 live 6.0.11, deckadance 1.5.03, stanton scs3d, remote sl 25, m-audio x-session pro

florian

2009-07-01 10:26:11

Hi Mike,

thanks for the explanation. Have you checked the log window in Midi Translator if all translations are correct? Maybe the preset executes some actions that you're not aware of?

Thanks,
Florian