any chance of tackling the ableton soft takeover problem ?

beatniks3

2009-06-13 01:06:01

nanoKONTROLs and other controllers like the UC-33 don't work correctly with ableton's soft takeover when switching between scenes on the device. here is a thread describing the problem in general: http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... t=takeover

here is important info extracted from a post on that thread:
Hi all,

let me just start by saying that we would like takeover to work
with all controllers. However, if controllers do internal
bank switching (like the scenes on the nanoKontrol), it's not
that easy.

In general, Live only knows the MIDI messages and does the
takeover on a per-CC-basis. If you switch to a different scene
on the nanoKontrol, the same faders now represent different CCs.

If you tweak fader A on scene 2 (sending CC #y), switch back to
scene 1, and tweak fader A again (now sending CC #x again), it
looks to Live as if you had just made a fast change to CC #x.

I hope this helps to clarify the problem.
I'm thinking that it would be possible to translate the different scene data into data that ableton could recognize and utilize into a functioning soft takeover mode?

i have seen and posted in the traktor takeover thread, i'm hoping to learn how to execute a global soft takeover.

thanks as always for any advice or guidance

florian

2009-06-18 14:49:46

Hi,

I've presented a soft takeover scheme (that will work for every controller, if properly adapted) here:
http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=5847

It's not tested, but the scheme should be fine...

Regards,
Florian

beatniks3

2009-06-18 15:28:07

thank you, i'll take a look at that thread. somehow you manage to post links to threads i can't seem to find via search :)

Johnny Vulcan

2009-12-24 12:39:31

florian wrote:Hi,

I've presented a soft takeover scheme (that will work for every controller, if properly adapted)
Hi Florian, I'm a newcomer to the world of Bome, but I'm really loving this software - excellent work. Thank you so much for the soft takeover scheme referenced above! It works beautifully!! As of this moment I pretty much have my dream rig. Thanks again.