KORG NanoPAD

diegie

2009-05-29 16:34:20

Hi
I am interested in using NanoPADs for multiple NanoPADs. Can anyone explain from the basic level how I can get two NanoPADs of the same type assigned different data for each buttons.

Regards
DieGie

beatniks3

2009-05-29 17:11:16

if you want to do it outside of bomes, you can use the korg midi editor and change the nanopads to send out on different channels. make sure to write the changes to the nanopad.

diegie

2009-05-29 17:42:57

Thanks But it is still not working. In korg editor, I assigned the global channel to be 1. And all inputs on first NanoPAD to Ch2, all inputs on the second NanoPAD to Ch3. In traktor I selected Nanopad in midi output and input. But only the second pad (last in the sequence connected to computer) is recognized. Can you explain to me in little more detail, and analyse where I am going wrong.

beatniks3

2009-05-29 18:07:03

and you are writing the data to both the korgs up in the menu options?

diegie

2009-05-29 18:17:55

Yes, I configure each pad individually and write them (bcoz if both were connected it would be hard to say which one I am writing it too)... I also check individually both pads with midi learn in Traktor, whether proper channel & other data was written.

beatniks3

2009-05-29 18:40:31

i'm sorry i don't can't test more here, i have only have one nanokontrol and the changes work on mine but i understand about needing to select the midi devices in traktor.

how are the devices named when you go select device in the korg editor? nanopad1 and nanopad2? can you then also select that nanopad2 in traktor?

if you can't find the answer here, i know for a fact there are a couple guys using two nanopad controls at once (one guy is using a nanokontrol and two nanopads) over at djtechtools. i am in no means trying to direct traffic from bomes.

have you tried the bomes demo? does it allow you to select both nanopads in midi in?

diegie

2009-05-29 19:00:54

Thanks Beatniks
I will search further.. BTW Bome/ Traktor both show only one midi device. Korg shows both but both are named nanopad (not nanopad1 & nanopad2)... I am happy I got feedback from someone who could understand the problem well... If successful I will post my solution here....

beatniks3

2009-05-29 22:38:08

i know i had problems getting the nanokontrol to install right on my test rig because i had reached the windows limit of 10 midi controllers, please read this article:
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/mar05/a ... sician.htm

removing older device entries solved it for me and made the nanokontrol available in the midi in select.

so perhaps you're first Npad was the last entry and the second one is having the same problems as mine?

not really sure just trying to offer some ideas.

i do think that you should be seeing both available to select in midi in.

florian

2009-05-30 00:23:50

Hi,

version 1.6.1 of Midi Translator only works on one MIDI device at a time, so it wouldn't be of much help.

However, version 1.7.0 supports any number of MIDI devices. We also make sure that if you connect multiple devices with the same name, they'll all show up in MT with different indexes appended to their names.

Further, MT 1.7.0 gives you "MIDI Port Aliases", i.e. you can define aliases "My NanoKontrol 1" and "My NanoKontrol 2". Now when defining the mappings, you can conveniently choose which MIDI port alias a given mapping applies to. It'll be easy to change the channel of one nano kontrol then, and to remap the entire thing, add more switchable presets, etc.

Then in the MIDI setup, you can select which of the two NanoKontrols corresponds to the aliases you created. Like that, you don't need to physically swap the devices, but you can just switch the alias definition.

Hope that makes any sense :)
Florian

PS: MT 1.7.0 is available for Windows, and in a beta version for OSX.

diegie

2009-05-30 20:00:44

PROBLEM SOLVED.....Thanks beatniks
You are right on the number of midi devices... the problem solved with MIDI FIX from m-audio... but I have to reload all my midi drivers, but that was ok.
beatniks3 wrote:i know i had problems getting the nanokontrol to install right on my test rig because i had reached the windows limit of 10 midi controllers, please read this article:
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/mar05/a ... sician.htm

removing older device entries solved it for me and made the nanokontrol available in the midi in select.

so perhaps you're first Npad was the last entry and the second one is having the same problems as mine?

not really sure just trying to offer some ideas.

i do think that you should be seeing both available to select in midi in.

beatniks3

2009-05-31 00:39:34

glad you got it working,

now use the powers of bomes to make a super controller out of both of them.