finally did it, bought BMTpro, button into control change?

beatniks3

2009-05-24 20:44:47

hi i am trying to setup a button to slowly turn on a sends knob in ableton. so if the sends are off and you press the button it slowly turns the sends knob on to 100% and if it is at 100% and you press the button it slowly turns down the sends knob until it reaches zero. it i could assign an attack and release time to determine the speed of the knob being turned that would be great.

the korg nanokontrol buttons can be setup like this with the korg midi editor if it is unclear what i am trying to do.

thanks for the help and the great software.

florian

2009-05-24 23:42:16

Hi,

check this out:
http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=432

It shouldn't be hard to adapt it to your needs...

Also interesting can be a follow up:
http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2310

Regards,
Florian

beatniks3

2009-05-25 00:00:37

thank you for the reply, i will try it out and see if i can get it setup right. just got done making a set of 3 smart knobs that act in along with belvario's smart mixer to sidechain compress by eq range either ableton channel 1 or channel 2, the left sides of the knobs being for the channel 1 and the right sides of the knobs being for channel 2. fun stuff!

also loving 1.7 and the multiple inputs, using controls on one midi controller to act as shift/modifers for the other controller's midi is sweet.

beatniks3

2009-05-25 00:50:20

got it to work with the noteontofadein.bmtp and some modifications.

thanks for the links, what an amazing program

beatniks3

2009-05-25 15:14:59

correction i have it working for one button. when i try copying and doing the mods i think i need to do for multiple buttons then all the buttons return the same output. any ideas?? thanks

florian

2009-05-25 15:22:43

can you copy the preset, and [aste it here into the forum?

Thanks,
Florian

beatniks3

2009-05-25 16:00:02

edited: took out long txt to make this thread easier to scroll through.

i really apprecitate your help, still no quite wrapping my head around what i should be changing midi values to or if i am having a problem with variables.

thanks in advance. does it make any difference to use multiple presets for a situation like this or is it more effective to use only one?

i plan on having at least 6 of these buttons, will i have any issues with all those timers working at the same time?

florian

2009-05-26 22:56:53

Hi BEatnik3,

have you resolved this? On first glance, it looks like you need to use different timer names for every preset. Timer names are shared across different presets.

Best,
Florian

PS: I've deleted your other thread, as requested

beatniks3

2009-05-26 23:50:08

no i hadn't yet, i think you are right now because i used the same timer names so that makes sense. i'll give it a try and get back to you.

thanks for your help and deleting that other thread...

beatniks3

2009-05-27 22:49:57

probably work on this more tonight after work. but i got a brain storm and wanted to ask:

can with the proper translating, map the fader speed faster/slower to another control like a knob or slider?

so if the knob was at 0 then the virtual fader the button controls would go very slowly up or down, and if the knob was at 127 then the virtual fader would go faster up or down.

thanks hope i am being clear enough.

beatniks3

2009-05-29 04:41:22

edit i got the my coding sorted out for having mulitple of these buttons so that is cool, needed print out the btmp and really take a look at my variables and i found the mistakes that i had made.

now i'll try to be working on the other later part of my thread of anyone has advice about that.

beatniks3

2009-05-29 07:31:12

edit read that first link more and see the solution to the other part my question thanks

florian

2009-05-29 09:21:12

nice to read that!

Enjoy...
Florian

beatniks3

2009-05-29 17:08:04

i noticed that the linked thread is older, is it now possible to set variables for the timer's delay?

i see them listed

florian

2009-05-30 00:25:46

yes, you can do that.
you're becoming a professional here, aren't you? 8)
Florian

beatniks3

2009-05-30 02:20:27

i hope so :mrgreen:

like i wrote earlier, when stuck, it has been really helpful for me to print out the bmtp and cut the different presets into little cards so i can quickly compare them side by side. I know alot of people will think that is strange and just do it in on the computer screen but if anyone is having challenges i suggest you try the print out method.

spent about an hour today seeing how changes to the various variables in effect the fader time and found some nice settings.

beatniks3

2009-05-30 17:28:28

hi again, really excited, got my second part worked out to my liking so far. instead of using the delay or the step size, i decided based on my playing on to use a variable instead of the 16 here:
Translator 6: Do the fade
Options: stop=false
Incoming: On timer "Fader"
Rules:
qq=gb/16
ga=ga+qq
if ga<=0 then ga=0
if ga>=127 then ga=127
Outgoing: MIDI B0 09 ga

so now i have a fader, example BB 6F pp, and that pp is used instead of 16 and i had to then put a rule in so that pp was never zero or it stopped the fade.

but it works sweet, you can have this fader at the 0 position and close to that end the button push fade is very fast and when it is at 127 it is very slow.

might limit the range if i see the need.

love this program!

beatniks3

2009-05-30 19:47:58

ok so my goals have changed a little bit and i know now that i don't know as much as i think i did as i try to make it from scratch...

i would like to do something more like in this thread:
http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... t+variable

but with a couple changes:

I want two buttons with lights (they are simple non control) for each fader; push button1 and the fader goes up and the light goes on. push button1 again and the fader stops and the light goes off. when i push button1 again, the fader continues up from its current position, light goes on.

when i push button2 the fader goes down and the light goes on. push it again it and the fader stops, lights off etc.

so there is going to have be a common variable between them i know but right now i'm stuck at getting the button to resume its timer at the current position of the fader. so right now i push the button and the fader goes up, push the button again and it stops, but when i push it again it starts the fader at 0 again.

thanks for any guidance. i'll try to figure it out in the mean time.

beatniks3

2009-05-31 16:47:08

I'm happy to say i got the Note on to Fade modified to do exactly what i said in the post above. it was actually alot easier then i thought it would be once i figured it out, requiring two additional lines of code one for telling stop timer if button1 was off and one for button2. also changing around what midi messages are being sent for fade in and fade out

now i can spend time on working this across more buttons.....

florian

2009-06-18 11:06:55

awesome! would you mind pasting your preset in here? Seems like other users might like it, too!

Regards,
Florian