Translation Fails in Vista with "run as administrator&q

majnun

2009-05-06 05:14:48

[edited post subject after I did some more troubleshooting]

I'm sure I'm making a newb error:
Using ReMoteSL and Ableton Live 8

I have Bomes Classic (waiting for my pro serial # *ahem* patiently) ;)

I think I'm doing something right as I'm able to capture CC and note values from Remote SL (from either midi port 1 or automap port) and translate them to a "z" key.

I prove this by opening Notepad and typing z's by pressing keys on my midi controller.

however, Ableton does not seem to respond at all. I have the arm track set to z key, and when I press on my laptops keyboard, sure enough it works, but when i press my midi controller "transalted to z" key, Ableton doesn't see it (it does see it as midi however)

Thanks for any help... I'm at a loss to explain why notepad would see the translated key press but not Ableton.

Thanks in advance!!! :)

majnun

2009-05-06 05:44:08

OH NO!!!!

When running Ableton in Vista with the "run as administrator" option when right clicking the program icon, it seems to kill the keyboard translating that Bome's does.

I have to run it as admin to get around a problem caused by certain Native Instrument VSTs and Ableton not playing nice together with Vista's user authentication crap turned on.

:(

majnun

2009-05-06 06:07:14

Ahhh okay.

So if I run BOTH Ableton Live AND Bome's "as administrator" then bome's translation works.

Don't know why I didn't think of that as soon as I realized the problem in the first place.

ruediger

2009-05-07 13:56:08

Hi,

nice to hear that it works now for you!

Cheers,
RĂ¼di