BMT OS X - MIDI CC remapping + output original message

Maddcow

2009-05-02 01:36:30

Hi guys,
Am I correct in my assumption that the current version of BMT Pro for OS X is not yet capable of remapping MIDI CC messages, in addition to outputting the original MIDI CC mesage?

I'm using a WX5 wind controller that's transmitting CC#02 (breath) but I want to remap this to multiple other CC's simultaneously (i.e. expression, mono aftertouch, volume and a couple of other CC's)......in addition to outputting the original CC#02 message.

If I'm correct and v.1.6.1 isn't capable of this, is there a ballpark ETA for OS X v.1.7? I'm desperate for this capability right now and need to know if I'll have to purchase something else (like Blue Cat Remote Control) if v.1.7 won't be released soon. I already have a license for BMT Pro and would prefer not to spend more money on something else, but I'm desperate!

EDIT: Almost forgot. Is there a way to easily limit the output range of the remapped CC's? i.e. create thresholds for the outgoing messages? e.g. the CC#02 incoming message will have a range of 0-127, but I only want the remapped CC#11 (expression) to output the range 40-90, and so forth with the other CC's too.

Cheers
Gary

ruediger

2009-05-07 14:17:06

Hi,

sorry for the late reply!

It has nothing to do with the 1.7 version. Look at the Midi Incoming panel. There´s a checkbox "Swallow..." . If you uncheck this, the original Midi Message should be tranmitted, too.

I don´t understand your second question. Use variable and rules for that. Should be easy to realize thresholds.

Cheers,
Rüdi

Maddcow

2009-05-08 23:38:44

Hi Rudi,
Thanks for the reply. I ended up buying Plogue Bidule because it's so much easier to use for certain purposes. I'll still be using BMT for some things (I'm not going to waste my BMT licence!), but I have to tell you that BMT is not the easiest software to understand at times.

Gary

ruediger

2009-05-13 10:51:47

Hi madcow,

you are right, but the you have a lot a possibilities. That makes it sometimes hard to understand.

Cheers,
Rüdi