Translator Patch 1.70 pro:chnl.'d key-splits+'shift' patchs

yvon

2009-04-27 04:59:26

NOTE: subject line too limited to state question. Sorry if not clear.

GOAL: One transltor patch (or two if Always Active Patch is used) to create swift that allows notes to trigger channelizing and/or key-splits AND using other midi keys to trigger program changes :: incorporate the code from this post.
http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2454
(thank you!) and add code that channelizes up to 3 key-splits ALL in one patch?
Key-splits are just single channel splits, 2 or three over the entire 88 note range of the midi keyboard. No need for any velocity channel layer splitting like the code found on the forum here if you search key splits. Just one channel per key range.

1) TO DO THE FOLLOWING ADDITIONS TO THE PATCH CREATED WITH THE FORUM LINK ABOVE (or a second patch?) :

Would I be best to have the 'shift' code as the Always Active Preset? And, then have one or more other translator patches to do the key-split channelizing?

ALWAYS ACTIVE PRESET: I have not been able to find the Always Active Patch Feature in 1.70 pro demo. I hope to find it myself or hear about where it is in a response to this post. I am thinking that I do not need this feature though perhaps.

ADDING a SHIFT BUTTON ABILITY TO CHANGE KEY-SPLITS/CHANNELIZING:
As I have the Shift key aspect working I now am thinking about doing something similar to get keysplitting and channelizing translators.

I think I would use the shift button code from the forum link above only this time I would hold down the top note of the midi keyboard then hitting another key which triggers a keysplit/channelize translator into operation.

I need TWO things.

1) A good key-split channelizing patch that uses translators own yoke-like virtual midi cable abilities to route the output.

2) Help with building patch or patches, and as to whether I should build one big TWO shift button patch which would simultaneously allow me to.

- (I can already do this part) HOLD down the low note on the midi keyboard and hit any other note thereby sending a program change message. This works pretty much.

- (I need to ADD this) HOLD down the top note of the midi keyboard and hit any other note and 'make functional' a key-split/channelizing translator. Though, NOT disturbing or affecting the existing patch change shift button translator.

Would I be best to have the long elaborate patch change shift button translator patch (has lots or output patch change translators) as the Always active patch, and then have a shift button key-split/channelizing few translators available as one or more patches?

I need less than 10 key-split channelizing translators.

I think it could be best to NOT use the Always Active Patch unless it has some benefit. (?)

Firstly: could someone help with a flexible key-split /channelizing translator??
One that uses the 1.70 own virtual midi cable ability. I have found one on the forum here though it is coded with midi-yoke in mind.

Then I will look to create one patch (or use the Always active Patch if this still exists in 1.70) to have the code from the link at the top here (shift button hold key pgm. change sender) AND the key-split/channelizing code all in one patch or whatever is logical.

THIS IS GREAT!!!!! thank you.

yvon

2009-05-06 00:10:40

OK.... so the above is almost as confusing and unreadable as it gets.:)

NEED solution if possible:

1) I hold down lowest note on midi keyboard which is a traslator switch note. While this note is down I can hit any other note and send a program change. I release the lowest note on the midi keyboard and it's playable as usual.

I have this switch code working with all thanks to the post quoted in the above.

2) NOW: I wish to ADD to this translator patch OR set the patch as above to the 'Always Active Patch' (if it exists in 1.70).

ADDED: the ability to hold down the TOP note of the midi keyboard and send and SET ACTIVE either/or key-splits - channelizations of these key-splits.

OUTCOME:

I can on the fly change the channel that my master keyboard sends and/or the key-splitting/channelization (single channel/layer only per region and NOT velocity layers)

Am I crazy to want to try this? As, even with my experiments with the code given to me here (link quoted above) that does the program change sending WHILE lowest note is held down is pretty scary as far as screwing up goes... :)

ruediger

2009-05-08 09:54:17

Hi,

I only understand 50%. Switch on hold down the lowest key on midi keyboard is ok, but I don´t understand what you mean with "key-splits - channelizations". Can you explain this more exactly.

One thing. You can make every Preset "always active" in 1.7. Go to preset properties and activate the checkbox "Ignore for Next..." . Then the preset is a kind of always active.

Cheers,
Rüdi

yvon

2009-05-08 10:49:43

Rudi: nice of you to find the time. Being brilliant doesn't mean lots of free time. um, so I've heard, only. ... hehehe

OK: So:

1) The Always Active Patch means I can STILL have other patches working WHILE it's 'always active' yes?

2) (already working patch) I have the 'hold lowest note' and hitting any other note WHILE the low note is held, sends a program change working thanks to you.

3) (needed patch) So now I need to same idea, only for this patch it's, while holding the TOP note. Then WHEN I hit any other note while this top note is held the following should happen.

- the note I hit should change the key-split of the midi keyboard so I end up with FOR EXAMPLE : the bottom third of the keyboard sending on midi channel 2, the middle third of the keyboard sending on midi channel 7 and the top third of the keyboard sending on midi channel 11.

This key/channel layout should STAY SET even when I release the TOP 'switch note' of the midi keyboard.

Then.... WHEN I wish to change the layout to something else. I hold down the top note again, hitting a DIFFERENT second note and this time, FOR EXAMPLE it sets the midi out put of the keyboard like this:

the lower half of the keyboard sends on midi channel 5 and the top hapf on midi channel 14.

So... it would ake me about 5 days to two weeks to figure this out without some guru tips. heck, I might well never be able to figure it out.

Again like I said: um, whatever happens on this I really appreciate you even getting around to give it a think as you're way busy and...hehehe WAY too smart!!!! :--)))

This one could be some big simplification. I'm saying: I never give up though this one's way complex right now.

ruediger

2009-05-22 10:21:20

Hi,

great to hear that 2) is working.

1) Always active means, that this Preset is still activated when you have the following outgoing action:

Preset Change:

... .Then you can activate checkbox: deactivate all other presets (except the always active). All presets will be deactivated except this ones in which you have edited the preset properties like this. Open Preset->Properties: The checkbox "Ignore for Next/Previous Preset switching... "

3) is hard Preset work and not easy for me to make you an example. I think I know you mean. With good global variable handling it should be achievable.

When you hit the TOP note, set an global variable. Then depending on this global variable you can create the outgoing channels.

Code: Select all

Translator 1: New Translator
Options: stop=false
Incoming: MIDI 90 rr oo 
Rules: 
  if ga==1 then pp=91
  if ga==1 then exit rules, execute Outgoing Action
  if ga==0 then pp=96
  if ga==0 then exit rules, execute Outgoing Action
Outgoing: MIDI pp rr oo 
Something like this. If TOP note pressed (ga = 1) , the you output channel 2 (91 = channel 2) . If not then output channel 7.

Cheers,
Rüdi

yvon

2009-12-04 02:11:25

Hi Rüdi !

Here's a simple one: (clearer about the above stuff)

When holding down 'shift' note or pedal the keyboard is basically then able to be doing only program changes. Sends one change for each/any note pressed WHILE the shift note/pedal is held down.

OK, that's fine.

PROBLEM: when hitting the program change note sometimes it triggers a sound. Especially if it is hit twice.

NEEDED: something to add to patch that stops ALL midi output possibility while the shift note/pedal is held down.

Please help if you have time at some point as without this ability the patch cannot be used. I respect that Bome is very busy which is always good and I understand if there is a delay or other.

There is only one preset so maybe this does not work for me quite. Maybe a better solution lately or maybe not.

(below is what was suggested some time ago from other thread. I use only one preset so there are no other presets to deactivate?)

Code: Select all

You have to deactivate all other presets when the shift note is held.

Something like this:

Code:

Translator 1: deactivate 1
Options: stop=false
Incoming: MIDI 90 30 pp
Outgoing: activate only preset "shift preset"

That means you activate the Shift preset and deactivate all other ones. 
http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=

_