Sudden TRANSPORT behavior change - MPD24 - Ableton 7

jsalmont

2009-04-25 02:55:27

I've been using MT for less than 24h and it's truly excellent. Will be purchasing.

Problem: When I first setup my transport bindings on the MPD24 to work with ableton (since ableton doesn't support mmc), when I would press the STOP or PLAY button when capture midi is checked I would get multiple midi messages.

Three I believe, one "note on" 90 xx xx, one "note off" 80 xx xx and another one.

Suddenly (ie I have no idea what I changed for this behavior to change) the STOP and PLAY keys now only generate one message in a different format. F0 7F 7F 06 02 F7. In the help section I've spotted that there is a difference between dec and hexa, but I can't figure out how to switch it back.

Having control of the note on, note off was very useful.

Thanks in advance. Great forum. I searched for answers first and couldn't find anything in regards to this.

mliuzzi

2009-05-05 10:41:59

there's an option within the mpd's menu to have the transport buttons switch between sending MMC and just CC data... I had the same problem until I set them to send CC data

ruediger

2009-05-07 14:05:12

Hi,

just to clarify:

F0 7F 7F 06 02 F7 is a MIDI sysex message and has nothing to do with hexadecial or decimal. It´s hexadecimal too.

Cheers,
Rüdi