Ableton: load sets and skip messages

earmade

2009-04-23 21:17:22

I've got several sets in ableton live ready to be played ... live!
I want to reduce the amount of time between songs so I trigger MT with a pedalboard (fcb 1010). Of course, it is also used to trigger sounds and sequences.
I managed to set up MT with just one pedal by using the "activate next preset" outcoming action. In my case, each song is a preset. So, one step and it loads the next song. Fine...
The problem is that live prompt to save the set or not before loading a new one: "save/don't save/cancel".
In fact, I'd like to answer "don't save" automatically. I tried something with a "tab enter" key stroke but obviously i'm missing something...

Does anyone has an idea how to achieve that ?
Thankx

gabriels

2009-04-24 02:50:13

I think you may be able to do this using mouse positioning and clicking, but it may be tough. I've done something similar, but in my case, the "target" for my mouse click was stationary...in the sense that it always displays in the same place on the screen.

In your situation, I think you're prompted with a dialog box asking if you want to save the set. If that dialog box always displays in the same place, you can use mouse commands to put the cursor on top of the "dont save" option, and then use the mouse command to click.

But wait...there's always the chance that you can use a hot-key command. Ableton has a lot of them listed in the manual. See if there's one for "don't save"....it's entirely possible. Then you could just use a keystroke command. much simpler.

If you're not familiar with how to do these two types of actions in MT, just check the manual. That part of the manual is quite understandable (though I must admit that I don't fully understand several aspects of the program the way it's explained in the manual :(
Regards,
Gabriel

florian

2009-05-11 23:44:21

Hi earmade, indeed, sometimes pressing a single key can already select e.g."don't save", e.g. the "d" key. If that doesn't work, you should be able to press (several) tab(s) to the "don't save" button and then press enter (or space). Once you know the exact key sequence, repeat that key sequence in the Outgoing keystroke field in Midi Translator. That should work now!

Best,
Florian