I am almost doing a Kid Beyond setup but need help

paul7622000

2009-04-10 09:28:09

I am using the Midi Mouse which can be found at: http://www.sweetwater.com and search midi mouse to know its features. Its basically has 128 patch programs and has 3 foot controller buttons which are:
UP button
Down button
Active/Search button

basically i click up it blinks on "01" then i stomp active and it goes into a solid LED light which means it sends that 01 Midi Patch message out.

Then i have my midi out of this mouse controller into the Midi IN of my Fast Track Pro

I am using Ableton Live 6. Now i was told my midi mouse just keeps on sending a note message thaT APPEARS in the ableton mapping as "PitchBend" and it wont allow me to assign unique Patch number out the 128 that are available in the midi mouse to each "Scene " in ableton. All i want to do is trigger with up and down buttons on my mid mouse to program change to increment or decrement to each scene that i choose. Now do i need the FCB1010 behringer or can i still use this midi mouse with Bomes. WHat would the incoming messages look like and the outgoing messages look like to have it control and FIre each seperate scene in Ableton?

Wish i could attach a manual of midi mouse to explain it better to you but here's my email to request it if needed. pdnmusic at gmail dot com

Meanwhile i loaded the original template http://www.bome.com/midi/translator/hel ... leton.html into my bomes. Although it seems like alot of messages programmed and not sure if thats going to work for my midi mouse or if i can just modify the template a bit.

ruediger

2009-04-20 16:18:52

Hi Paul,

sorry for the late reply!

I don´t know ableton nor I have any of your hardware, but I think Midi Translator is the right choise.

Maybe you should start with an empty preset. Use the Ableton Preset as a helpfile.

Take the Midi Mouse as the Midi In and create a new translator. Then start capture and you will see what your Midi Mouse is sending. Perhaps you should save the state in a global variable (e.g. ga) if you want to trigger different scenes with the same foot controler button. Then have a look at the Ableton Preset to see how the guys are triggering the scenes in Ableton.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Rüdi