Convert Pitch bend to note on/off

Patch

2009-04-05 15:15:50

I'd like to use the modulation wheel and the pitch bend wheel on my Axiom49 to control the tempo of an Ableton Liveset. I have the global tempo set with the mod wheel (pretty simple, just map it to the tempo box in live). But what I need help with is setting up the pitch bend wheel to control nudge up/nudge down on the tempo.

What I'd like to achieve is this:

1) Pitch bend wheel at centre position=no effect on tempo
2) Pitch bend wheel pushed up=nudge up (note on signal)
3) pitch bend wheel puched down=nudge down (note off signal)

So I'd need the pitch bend wheel to send out a note on when I push it up, and send a note off when it returns to the centre position. The same for when I push the pitch bend wheel down - but obviously a different note on. (Does this mean that returning the wheel to the centre position would need 2 translators - one for each note off to be sent simultaneously?)

Obvioulsy I'd need the whole range of the pitch bend wheel (up or down) to send the same note on signal. Nudging in Live is controlled by a simple single press button (the longer the button is pressed, the faster the nudge) when you release the button the tempo returns to the original value (this is what the note offs will have to perform).

Cheers!

Patch

2009-04-05 19:10:05

Done. 4 translators. Took me a while - but it turns out I needed to un-check "Stop Processing..." on a couple of the translators...

ruediger

2009-04-06 17:34:43

Great to hear that!

Best regards,
RĂ¼di