Cuba5se SX3 / Mac G5 Duel / Tascam DM24 and NOTHING! HELP ME

Randysiems

2009-03-26 04:20:46

Just bought 2 DM24 with Fire-wire cards for audio. Want to use the boards as automated control surfaces and audio interface. Research say this board can run 16-32-48 automated channels via midi. I found "You-Tube" vids that show full automation and have documentation / directions on how to set up SX3 / DM24 for automation or control surface using the BMT for MAC. Been working on the set up for 3 days and I have NOTHING. Every set up detail followed perfect 10 times. I'm at the end. There seems to be no .bmtp for the Tascam DM24, What do I do about creating a DM24 template? Finally, can the ipmidi loopback for Mac by Ners's be used? There seems to be no routing or assignments options? Hubi's loopback is only for PC.
what can i do for a loopback? As any one who reads this knows im stuck and frustrated. Please any help or suggestions would be great.

THANKS A MILLION FOR ANY ADVICE.

Randy

florian

2009-03-31 22:10:16

Hi Randy,

this seems like a standard usage of Midi Translator -- though you seem to be the first to use it in this combination.

Have you had a look at the tutorial? We think it's the best place to get started (even if the screenshots look a little different than the Mac version).

Thanks,
Florian

Randysiems

2009-04-01 04:37:27

Florian

After spending 40+ hours working with my set up, I went for a different approach to configure the set-up. Using MMC Closed for my Sysex Protocol and Transporter I was able to get it working flawlessly. I made my own MXL template for 2 General Remote devices that control the faders, Pans, Mutes. Still working on how to figure the "solo" buttons?? The Jog wheel has no function with the transporter, I need that to work??? Long hours trying to get old technology to work like new technology.

Thanks for your reply, Should any one need Tascam DM 24 assistance, just direct them my way.

florian

2009-04-08 09:44:08

Hi Randy,

can give more details which message you want to map or transform? Use the Capture function in the MIDI actions in MT to see which messages are sent by e.g. the solo or jog controls.

Btw, MT/Mac ships with its own virtual MIDI port, so you don't need Hubi or similar there.

Thanks,
Florian