controlling the Windows Mixer ??

Gregg

2006-07-13 18:41:22

Is it possible to assign any Control Changes to Windows mixer settings? ...without changing the application focus.

I know there are several apps out there that can control the mixer settings in realtime. Some use hotkeys and some use xml commands. But haven't found anything that can use midi. Please help.

florian

2006-07-14 09:31:07

Hi,

this is a very good idea! But MT currently does not allow direct control of the Windows Mixer. It is already on the long term feature request list.

If you know an app that controls the mixer with hot keys, then you can use MT to convert MIDI to those hot keys, and the hot key program will do the mixer settings.

Let me know how that works!
Florian

Gregg

2006-07-14 12:10:21

florian wrote:Hi,

this is a very good idea! But MT currently does not allow direct control of the Windows Mixer. It is already on the long term feature request list.

If you know an app that controls the mixer with hot keys, then you can use MT to convert MIDI to those hot keys, and the hot key program will do the mixer settings.

Let me know how that works!
Florian

The hotkeys programs like Power Mixer and ZVolume work, but only only allow for volume increase and decrease... so the faders on my BCF2000 aren't very useful.

mrworm1

2016-02-15 08:44:37

I am interested in purchasing the Bome MIDI Translator software but would like to make sure that it will work for my purposes. I'm a twitch web content creator (game caster), and I recently purchased the Akai MPD 218. I'd like to use the rotary knobs on the MPD 218 to control the windows volume mixer.

As this post is fairly old I thought it would best used as a reference to see if this feature or one that would work for my needs was ever implemented. Please keep in mind I know nearly nothing about midi and midi translation software.

Thank you for any responses you may have.

Jonathan

hellokitty

2016-02-20 18:11:44

Check out Vmix, it is better than OBS and it has built in midi support, it is what im using for twitch and youtube. Also check out Voicemeeter Banana, and there virtual audio cables, for even more features.

florian

2016-02-25 01:10:43

indeed, there is no Windows Mixer support in MT Pro (yet). It's still a good idea and might make it post v2.0.
Florian

mrworm1

2016-06-09 03:26:56

Well, if this option ends up being supported I'll buy this software pretty much instantly. I also know quite a few people that would. Especially for us game and pod casters it would do wonders in helping us support our content creation process.

Thanks and please let me know! =)