Ableton Set Optimizing

iipeacefrog

2009-02-11 09:03:44

Hello all. I'm playing a set of music with about 10 different songs....each one is using quite a number of plugins, and i'm starting to run into memory problems. So the way i'm switching songs is with audio effects racks, each chain corresponds to a different song, within the chains is another audio effects rack with all the devices within mapped to a macro control. I have the translator set up so that when I push one button, all the devices are shut off for all the other songs, and the chain selects the correct song and turns the devices for that song on. Like I said, i'm still running into issues. So i'm thinking that the next set I organize will be more focused on using one set of plugins with program changes changing presets. How can I change presets on say Amplitube 2....a vst audio effect in an audio track, without using messy keyboard/mouse commands?

florian

2009-02-23 11:39:10

Hi,

sorry for the late reply. I'm not an expert on Amplitube. Generally, controlling any kind of software using keystrokes has proven to be rather stable. Also, you may be able to control Amplitube using MIDI messages, with an internal MIDI (loopback) port.

Regards,
Florian