Multiple outgoing actions for single translator??

Maddcow

2009-02-01 00:08:28

Florian, is it possible to introduce multiple outgoing actions for a single translator? I know that I could simply use multiple versions of the same translator but with different outgoing actions for each, but that's pretty labour intensive.....in terms of initial setup as well as debugging etc. It'd be sooooo much easier to have a single translator with multiple outgoing actions so that everything is together in the one place.

ruediger

2009-02-02 10:04:13

Hi,

at the moment it is not possible, sorry, but this is on our feature list :) .

Best regards,
RĂ¼di

Maddcow

2009-02-02 10:36:24

ruediger wrote:at the moment it is not possible, sorry, but this is on our feature list :) .
Ah, that's good to know. Thanks for that.

djsd

2009-06-23 22:28:19

Maddcow wrote:Florian, is it possible to introduce multiple outgoing actions for a single translator? I know that I could simply use multiple versions of the same translator but with different outgoing actions for each, but that's pretty labour intensive.....in terms of initial setup as well as debugging etc. It'd be sooooo much easier to have a single translator with multiple outgoing actions so that everything is together in the one place.
BTW: Right now I always use a timer with delay 0ms. This means I have to do 3 translators if I want to send 2 MIDI messages from one incoming message, but I find this clearer and easier to maintain in the long run.

florian

2009-06-24 15:53:54

djsd:
in fact, using a timer with 0 delay is implemented very efficiently internally (i.e. more like a function call rather than a delayed action) so using a 0-delay timer is a good solution.

Thanks,
Florian