Stanton SCS: HSS1394 object for MAX/MSP

achim

2009-01-24 13:05:19

Hey,

first let be say how great it is to finally have a controller with a really powerful application to configure the mappings!
Having said that, I still have a request for an additional way of communicating with the SCS hardware:
a HSS1394/SCS object for MAX/MSP by cycling74?

The object could only be available to owners of midi translator pro, but would allow direct communication to the SCS hardware
from with MAX (and ableton via m4l). More details and motivation at http://forums.stantondj.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=118

Cheers
Akeem (a little embarassed that his first post is a feature request :oops: )

florian

2009-01-26 12:11:40

Hi Akeem,

sounds like a great combination and a good idea. Currently, we do not have plans for a Max object, though there may be general use for the MT engine as a Max object. Regarding HSS1394, the current plan is to always use DaRouter as driver. Any further support for it needs to be driven by Stanton.

But it's relatively easy to create a "THRU" preset that just routes all HSS traffic to the virtual MIDI port (and back) for "direct" usage in other apps, including Max...

Keep us posted!
Florian

achim

2009-01-27 14:02:51

Hi Florian,

One of the reasons I asked for this was an "easy workflow" for sending text to the scribble strips on the SCS1. There's no info yet, but I assume the only way would be to send SYSEX to daRouter (though nem0nic indicated there will be some kind of macro ...?)
But it's relatively easy to create a "THRU" preset that just routes all HSS traffic to the virtual MIDI port (and back) for "direct" usage in other apps, including Max...

hmm, interesting. But then I would need to know how to "encode" values/strings into the HSS format, no? Will the format for HSS be documented, or how would I do it? I've seen that the guys from mixxx.org are working on a native implementation of the SCS1. I assume they're also using the "THRU" preset approach?

Thanks
Akeem

florian

2009-01-27 14:39:18

DaRouter converts all HSS protocol data to MIDI, so by using a thru preset, DR just acts as a driver and other apps have full control over the SCS devices via MIDI.

I don't know what the guys from mixx.org are up to...

Florian

achim

2009-01-27 15:00:51

thanks