preset for korg padkontrol with ableton live 7??

funkypresident

2008-12-30 03:27:27

Hi. I recently purchased Bome midi translator pro and am interested in finding presets for using my korg padkontrol to control Ableton Live 7. I have downloaded and used the Kid Beyond style setup, many thanks to the brains behind it!

On the Bome´s website there is a link to a 3rd party preset for the padkontrol and ableton live, but the link no longer seems to work. Any ideas where i can find the preset, or any others that come highly recommended?

I´m just getting started with midi translator pro but excited by the possibilities. A must have piece of software. Thanks to the Bome team and fellow forum goers for helpful info.

florian

2009-01-13 11:52:05

Hi,

sorry to see that nobody could help you so far. I think the PadKontrol package was a commercial offering and I cannot see it anymore either.

In general, you can start with any preset targeted for your application and then adapt the Incoming triggers (usually MIDI IN) with the MIDI messages from your PadKontrol. Inspecting the Translator Entries (the "Edit Translator" window) will also teach you, how to do certain things. I also recommend the tutorial and the user manual for starting to create your own presets...

Hope that'll work out. Feel free to post your presets here! And it'll be much easier for the forum people to respond to a particular question a la "how do I map this controller to that function" or so.

Regards,
Florian