Learn Output

Pugface

2008-12-19 15:48:47

I am looking at purchasing MT, can someone answer these questions:

1) The output side of a preset, does this have a learn mode? Ie. You put MT in to learn mode and press a key on a midi keyboard (or number of keys). This will be then generated from the assigned controller input (also learned)

2) Is it possible to activate/deactivate presets using controller inputs? i.e. manipulate MT itself within a preset.
:D

ruediger

2008-12-22 11:11:43

Hi,

first of all. Thank you for trying Midi Translator!

To your questions:

1) The learn mode can be used for outgoing midi as well!

2) Sure, you can activate deactivate presets! Select "Preset Change" as outgoing action.

Hope this helps!
RĂ¼di

Pugface

2008-12-29 12:31:36

Thank you, thats very good. If i were to purchase the author package. i have some ideas about integrating controllers in to a major new software package that is about to be released. i have seen native kontrol sell these packages using your midi translator runtime. is this ok? is there some commercial tie up between yourselves and nativekontrol?

i would like to sell the runtime as part of a package of your translator. maybe thru yourselves or them.

:D

florian

2009-01-05 09:32:47

Hi Pugface,

sounds good to us! There is no particular contract or so necessary. Ownership of the Author edition entitles you to create signed and/or encrypted presets for usage with the runtime "MT Player". You can distribute MT Player for free, or sell your presets and ship MT Player with them. If you want, you can integrate MT Player into your own installation program. Only if you're not installing MT Player using its official installer package (as native kontrol does), we ask you to let us check your installation program before release so that we can verify that all relevant MT Player files are installed correctly.

If you want to go further than that, we also offer custom-made runtimes, e.g. with your logo, or with a completely redesigned user interface. For example, Stanton distributes one under the name of DaRouter or DJ TechTools under the name of mini.Translator. We will set up some sort of a contract for that, of course.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
Regards,
Florian