Pricing for OSX

leonardrock

2008-12-13 14:07:18

Florian,

Respectfully submitted....

Congratulations and many thanks for your hours of work on a Mac version of MT. I have been anxiously waiting for this utility.

But I honestly must say that my jaw dropped when I saw the $77 price tag...I'm certainly not one to rant and I'm definitely not one to discount the efforts of developers by whining about prices, your work is remarkable, but I really don't think I can drop the cash for MT at this price.

In my opinion, I anticipate a great interest in your software from Mac users and great success--being well deserved. However, that will only come with a pricing structure that will balance what your customers will be comfortable paying with a lucrative, but honest return for your innovation and effort.

The classic version really is what will suit my needs best and until that becomes available I can't bring myself to paying $77 to get your product functioning for more than 20 minutes (which in the audio world is a blink of the eye.)

S4racen

2008-12-13 22:04:28

Hi Leonard,

I've been using bomes under a crossover utility on my mac for over a year now and would consider the $77 an absolute steal, it's cost me more than 3 times that in total and i still feel i have more than felt value for money, without it there are so many things i just coould not do!

Cheers
D

florian

2009-01-05 09:16:51

Hi Leonardrock,

late reply...

We appreciate your comments. We are aware of the huge difference in value-add for different usage scenarios of MT. If you just want to map a couple of controllers, EUR 59 is quite a lot. If you use MT to fully connect devices to software, to create macros, or to run your entire studio upon ( :lol: ), the same price might be a bargain -- as S4racen points out.

Currently, we're focusing on the Pro edition. We're not sure yet in which way we release a downscaled version. Ideally, we'd make the features sort of modular -- i.e. you purchase a base version, and then you'd pay for rules, keystrokes, mouse, timers, etc. extra. Sounds good, but is harder to implement and harder to enforce... Anyway, nothing decided yet! and we first want to release the 1.6.1-Pro edition on Mac, finally!

Regards,
Florian

jayray

2010-06-12 18:09:35

i second this idea........its very expensive for my needs, and the classic version would certainly work for me
any news on a classic version for mac after such a time-lapse of the initial release?
thanks

florian

2010-06-18 15:48:47

Hi jayray, thanks for letting us know. No new plans yet.
Regards,
Florian