CME UF6 + Ableton Live 7 = Mide Translator ..?

de Haan

2008-12-10 15:12:25

Hi there

I have got a CME UF6 master midi keyboard. The keyboard has got six seq remote buttons (play, stop, record etc.).

The keyboard is connected to my computer through the Edirol UM-1EX, and all of the faders and knobs work properly, but not the seq remote buttons .

The manual says that these buttons send MTC-data...

I have been told that I must use Bome's Midi Translator to make those buttons work. I have now installed the program and MidiYoke.

I have tried to use the prest for Ableton Live 6, but Ableton does not recieve any midi-data :(

I have told Ableton ro recieve midi from MIDI Yoke 1...

Can anyone please help me?

florian

2009-01-04 19:58:23

Hi,

sorry for the late reply. The preset for Ableton that ships with MT is meant to be adapted first. In your case, you probably don't need it anyway. You only need to set up translator entries to do mapping from the MIDI messages that comes from your CME master keyboard when pressing the seq buttons to MIDI messages that Ableton Live expects for the corresponding functions.

You may find the MIDI messages for ableton in the shipping Ableton preset, or in the Ableton Live documentation. You can find out the MIDI messages from the master keyboard by using the MIDI Capture function in "Edit Translator.

Please check out MT's manual for specifics.

Thanks and best regards,
Florian

de Haan

2009-01-04 20:09:22

A late answer is better than no answer!! :D

I actually found out how to make Ableton Live recieve data from the seq remote buttons. But when I use Bome's Midi Translator, Ableton ONLY recieve the messages MIDI messages that Ableton Live expects for the corresponding functions for the seq remote buttons.

It does not recieve any other data when i play the keyboard or use faders and knobs.

So actually I just need to know how I can map the messages from seq remote buttons in BM, and send any other messages from the keyboard as it is...

That was a bit hard to explain, hope you understand :)

Thank you

florian

2009-01-04 20:15:27

just activate MIDI THRU in the Options menu, that should do exactly what you want.
Florian

endan

2010-11-16 17:27:34

I know this is an old post but I'm trying to get a CME UF6 working with Ableton Live 8.2.1. Anyone got a preset for this? :)