[resolved] MT wont recognise my Midi inputs

helbekah

2008-12-04 01:04:37

I have successfully used MIDI translator on PC but want to use it on my macbook for portability. My MIDI devices are recognise with other software on my Macbook such as garageband but MT wont find them even after a rescan... so I cant even get so far as to test the software - Ive fallen at the first hurdle sort of thing..

florian

2008-12-13 11:32:48

Hi helbekah,

is this still not working in the latest beta 7?

Thanks,
Florian

helbekah

2008-12-13 13:33:52

Hi

My mac died :(

but its fixed now..:D so I'll be testing it as soon as I can and let you know how it goes.

H

helbekah

2008-12-13 18:31:57

Hi,

I have now just tried again but still no MIDI devices are found. I can play my MIDI instruments through garage band... hmmm

I'll try connecting it through a MIDI cable rather than USB and see if that works?

H

helbekah

2008-12-13 18:55:58

I just connected my MIDI (Alesis control pad) via an m-audio midisport. Bome has now recognised the midisport but sees to be seeing the midi out ports and putting them in the midi inputs list... when i select the inputs still nothing.. I cannot capture the MIDI. It is still recognised and playing ok in other software.

It is a step closer though as at least something is now appearning in the MIDI inputs tab even though they don't work.

H

helbekah

2008-12-13 19:07:17

Its working now - not sure why.. I didn't do anything new... I'll close it and test it again..

H