MT capabilities confirmation

niietzshe

2008-12-02 17:45:57

Hey MTers,
I am currently in the market for a new Midi Controller for DJing. The winner seems to be the Allen and Heath Xone 1D (replacing a DaScratch). This all relies on whether I can do the following with MT, I believe I can, but I just need some confirmation before shelling out the money and Hardware and Soft. *I'm on a Mac btw...

There'll be four rotaries at the top, which also push down. I'll want to use these to switch between different "modes". So by default it's as if 1 was pushed down and my sliders would be volume, pots are eq's etc....
Then I push 2 down and it should switch to FX "mode" so that my sliders are now sending out different messages to increase FX amount and pots are other params. 3 & 4 I'm sure I don't need to explain, but I'll want them to do Loops and Triggers respectively.

I'm hoping this is possible as otherwise I'll just have to use Traktors Modifier midi command and use it as a shift.

Thanks for any advice
Niietzshe

niietzshe

2008-12-02 22:53:04

I've spent a bit of time when I got home messing with my DaScratch and MT. I can now see the potential of this app, it's very interesting!!! Currently I have answered my own question, using preset change I have managed to setup 4 different presets that send out different keystrokes using the same button. Which is exactly what I need.

Next I need to learn about this crazy Midi Hexadecimal stuff.
Any tips?
Christian

joesapo

2008-12-03 19:43:36

Glad to see you enjoying what MT has to offer...

Here's a good MIDI hex reference that's quite applicable to work with MT; http://www.io.com/~jimm/midi_ref.html