Cannot delete clips in Ableton

7G

2008-11-30 21:34:56

Hi Florian,
I'm having this weird problem by making the delete keystroke to work
Let me explain:

I have a Roland FC-300 foot pedal which i have split into 3 pedal zones(Virus TI, Drums, Misc).
So i open 3 different instances of MT to send multiple messages to my 3 groups.
Let's take the first group(it's the same with others...)
1st group is tracks 1-4....I can easily switch between those tracks and rec when ever i want by using Mackie Control emulation to fire a clip...I've also made an [always active] preset that assigned to the delete keystroke.
My problem is when i switch between tracks the delete keystroke doesn't work but when i click on a clip and press delete pedal works..!!!!

Even more weird i've manage to make this work once some months ago but now it refuses to work.What the hell is goin on???Possesed...:p

Can you help me with this please?

Thanks

Yorgos

7G

2008-12-01 14:31:09

Anyone???

Maybe someone could point another solution?
I just wanna press my pedal,switch between tracks,rec whenever i want and delete whenever i want....

Thanks

Yorgos

[edited]
I tried this in version 6.0.10 and it works flawlessly but when i do this in latest version 7.0.12 it doesn't work... :o
Is this a bug of 7.0.12?Can anyone confirm?

joesapo

2008-12-01 18:23:58

I would suggest doing away with the Mackie emulation and going with straight keyboard commands. I've seen with Live sometimes you will lose focus if you're using multiple methods to navigate clips. Mapping the ENTER key to fire clips should work just the same.

-joe

7G

2008-12-01 23:41:23

joesapo wrote:Mapping the ENTER key to fire clips should work just the same.

-joe
Nop,
It doesn't work...
Try it yourself...
Try keymaping the tracks,switch between them and after fire a clip

Nothing works,
No "ENTER" , no "DELETE" , no arrows for nevigation...
All of this with latest version 7.0.12
Tried the same with 6.0.10 and it works!!!

joesapo

2008-12-02 01:36:47

7G wrote:
joesapo wrote:Mapping the ENTER key to fire clips should work just the same.

-joe
Nop,
It doesn't work...
Try it yourself...
Try keymaping the tracks,switch between them and after fire a clip

Nothing works,
No "ENTER" , no "DELETE" , no arrows for nevigation...
All of this with latest version 7.0.12
Tried the same with 6.0.10 and it works!!!
It seems as though somehow Live is losing focus after you switch application and then come back. Once you click back into the session view grid do the delete/fire controls work again?

I'd be happy to arrange a remote session to help you out with this. You've got me intrigued...

-joe

7G

2008-12-02 09:18:01

joesapo wrote:It seems as though somehow Live is losing focus after you switch application and then come back.
You don't even have to open MT...
Just start a new project in Ableton, keymap tracks 1 & 2(record enabled) lets say to keys Q & W, switch between them and try to press "ENTER" or "DELETE" or arrows(up,down,left,right)

NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joesapo wrote:I'd be happy to arrange a remote session to help you out with this. You've got me intrigued...
Please do...

7G

2008-12-02 15:14:33

Thanx to a guy at Ableton forum found a solution...:P

The only thing i had to do was to hit alt+up to unblock the focus:
Lets take 1st translator for example (the same applies to other)

Track 1
Select 1 -} InTrig -} Keystroke:1 Alt(Up )
SwitchTo2-} InTrig -} activate only preset "Track 2"

[always active preset]
Delete -} InTrig -} Keystroke:Delete
Fire -} InTrig -} Keystroke:Enter

Note:
You have to click once inside the first cell in order to work

All i wanted to do was to keep it simple just firing and deleting clips at will.
You're gonna ask: "Why don't do it like Kid Beyond style?"Well,i'm too sloppy for now and i wanted to have instant control over my sloppiness :oops::D
So..i deviding my FC-300 into 3 pedal groups

1st pedal : tracks 1-4 (Synth...My Virus TI)
2nd pedal : tracks 5-9 (Drums+Guitar)
3rd pedal : tracks 10-14(Vocals+Instr)

4th pedal :Delete
5th pedal :Enter

I'm constantly developing this one with 1st goal: "SIMPLYCITY"
If anyone wants to contribute would be wondeful...

Is it difficult for someone to send me a preset of MIDI-OX( :oops: ) so i can send multiple group messages so i won't have to open 3 instances of MT?

Thanks

joesapo

2008-12-02 16:26:51

Glad to see you got this working. I forgot all about the Alt+Up focus thing in Ableton. I use it myself in one of my MT presets to allow zooming into audio clips.

If you would like to apply for the new MT beta, it incluses the capability to process multiple input MIDI souces and output multiple sources as well. PM Florian and I'm sure he'll get you a copy.

-joe

7G

2008-12-02 20:01:05

Thanks alot joesapo :wink:
Will do... :)

Yorgos