Multiple Midi Channels (Incoming Translator Message)

mrsaxman29

2008-11-15 21:39:38

Is there a way (using variables or otherwise) to have an incoming Midi message trigger a translator across multiple Midi channels? I know you can enter variables for things like velocity, but can the same be done for channels?

My example specifically is to have either: B0 5A 7F or B1 5A 7F produce the same outgoing message.

Basically, I use my Nord Stage in a live looping scheme with Ableton Live with the help of MT to streamline the performance (a lot like the infamous kid beyond rig); however, the momentary pedal I use (which is plugged into the Rotor Speed jack of my Nord) transmits its Midi messages over 2 different midi channels depending on what panel is active in my Nord preset (the nord has 2 panels so that you can multiply split its instrument over various sections of the keyboard).

red33mer

2008-11-16 16:38:48

That should be qorking the same way...

Try Bx 5A 7F as incoming trigger...

florian

2008-11-24 18:27:01

Unfortunately, you cannot split up the status byte "Bx" or so. Instead, you can set the entire status byte to a variable:

Code: Select all

INCOMING MIDI: pp 5A 7F
RULES:
if pp=0xB0 then exit rules, execute outgoing action
if pp=0xB1 then exit rules, execute outgoing action
exit rules, skip outgoing action
OUTGOING: [your outgoing action]
As you can see, this requires rules, so you need the MT Pro edition for that. With the classic edition, you can only do it by duplicating the translator and have the same OUTGOING but varying INCOMING triggers.

Note: when you enter a hexadecimal value in the rules, it will be converted to decimal in the left rules list.

Regards,
Florian