MIDI send & return

djfresha

2006-06-24 01:44:00

Just a quick one....

Using BCD2000 > MT v1.5 > MIDIYoke > Traktor 3 for scratching/djing.

Now what I have problems with is some of the LED buttons on my BCD2000 do not correspond to some functions of Traktor - now since Behringer are rather lapse with a development tool for all their BCD2000 users, I'd though I'd ask here for an implementation of the following:

BCD2000 MIDI out => MT v1.5 => MIDIYoke 1 => Traktor 3
BCD2000 MIDI in <====╝

Where I press a button on the BCD2000 for say effect 1 ON and left on, when I switch the effect page so effect 2 is active, MT v1.5 could send a message to turn off LEDs on the BCD to indicate no buttons are active, then when i switch back to effect page 1 the LED I previously switched on would appear ON again on the unit alike the screen - technically splitting the cable (or completing the MIDI cable loop)

Just an idea, which would be superb for devices that can send & receive MIDI data, especially for state-lights

florian

2006-06-25 20:53:33

It is a planned feature that MT can handle multiple MIDI ports. But for now it can only use one input and one output.

Now there are several ways to achieve what you need to do. The simplest is to run 2 instances of Midi Translator.
See this forum for more information:
http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=105

Then the second Midi Translator will have MIDI Yoke as Input (it should work to have Traktor and MT with Yoke 1 input), and the BCD2000 as MIDI out.

Let us know how if you can work it out, and if it works!
Florian

djfresha

2006-07-07 15:21:14

Hi Florian - just emailed you, and i've literally just read the forum link regarding the 2 instances of MT by renaming the .EXE files - very clever. I will try that out to see what happens with BCD2000 unit and MIDIYoke to see if all connections run together properly. Hopefully it will, I also run MT from startup of XP, so I'll see what happens when I list MTv1.5 first then MTv1.5copy next in line. Hopefully like you was saying both should have their own template settings etc., if they do then you may well have solved my Send & Return issue - a self-contain MT v2 pro version might well benefit from all this in one instance though, and a very profitable program it would be - and no cables... quality!

will let you know how it goes down mate.

Thanks again

djfresha

2006-07-10 02:30:30

Florian - been trying out 2x instances of MT v1.5... and it only bloody works!!! I have routed up the 2 versions as:

1) BCD2000 > MT > MIDIYoke > Traktor 3
2) BCD2000 > MT > BCD2000

Found the thread and did as it says - renaming 2 versions of the .EXE file is the way to go - works a charm!!

Now ive had to tweak my templates so that the 1st instance of MT uses the same MIDI controllers, just slightly different values (ie I use say 90 13 oo opposed to 90 13 7F for some cases), while in the 2nd instance all that I need to do is translate a certain controller to turn on or off LEDs - some CC messages turn on LEDs on the unit just because of the way the unit receives messages - whoever programmed it in the first place needs shooting LOL for instance my crossfader on BCD2000 sends a MIDI message of CC 01, now when i move crossfader while 2nd instance is running the crossfader would turn on an LED when i go past he 63 velocity value - not a biggie cos I'll just convert the messages into non-used messages (ie 90 01 oo into MT convert to a'No Message') - most impressed Florian - you're the man with the plan

florian

2006-07-11 10:24:53

wow, great to hear how well it works! If you happen to want to make a small tutorial... or send me the steps, and I'll make a tutorial from it.

Thanks!
Florian