DaRouter Preset Editing (for Stanton SCS.1/SCS.3)

florian

2008-10-24 14:30:57

[Update 2010-12-20 to reflect new OEM licensing and availability of MT 1.6.2]

Many users wonder how they can create/edit presets for DaRouter, the version of MT Player for Stanton's new touch-sensitive DJ controller SCS.3d aka "DaScratch".

DaRouter can load normal .bmtp project files created with the regular Bome's Midi Translator. You do not need a signing key for creating presets for DaRouter.
Only if you want to create encrypted .bmte project files will you need an OEM license, as Stanton has.

For editing the presets that Stanton ships with DaRouter, you need the unencrypted version. Not all of Stanton's presets are available in unencrypted .bmtp format. As far as I know, all generic presets are shipped as .bmtp. The .bmte files cannot be edited. More info e.g. here: http://forums.stantondj.com/viewforum.php?f=16

DaRouter uses the Alias feature which is available in Midi Translator 1.6.2 and higher. If you own the Pro edition, you can create presets for DaRouter.

Expect tutorials or the like in future for the specifics of preset creation for DaRouter. We'll keep you posted, too (otherwise, ask back on this forum!).

Florian

PS: the encrypted presets that ship with DaRouter cannot be opened in any other program. In particular, they will not be opened by MT Player, or the Author edition of Midi Translator.

red33mer

2008-10-28 21:42:33

Hi Florian,

thx for posting this. I ´ve been trying to gather information on this issue after receiving my controller today. Reading through the manual and the help files i wonder if the MIDI Aliases feature is used to switch the modes (FX,EQ, LOOP, Vinyl, etc. ) of the DaScratch? How do they trigger the LEDs?
If yes is this feature already implemented in the MAC Beta aswell...?

4 days left to give it a try...and i am on OSX

thank you very much,
alex

florian

2008-10-29 09:17:18

Hi Alex,

the alias feature is MT's future way of handling multiple MIDI ports. For editing, only MT 1.7 beta on Windows works, which is currently only available to owners of a MT Pro license. The Mac beta is version 1.6.1 and will not have aliases. We'll release a new Mac beta before the old one expires.

After release of 1.6.1/Mac, we'll integrate the 1.7 features (including aliases) into the Mac version.

Sorry that it's so complicated! But we are working on it...

Regards,
Florian

red33mer

2008-10-29 12:41:53

Hey,

thnx for the info. No need for a sorry. I am happy that you did a mac version at all and that you guys are continously working on it.

I came here cause i thought i would be great to develop my own customized DaScratch preset and to try you Miditranslator. I would probably switch to PC Pro version but reasonably that is way to much effort considering the fact that the product is brandnew and we might get more presets soon or an option to edit the presets.....

i spend more time playing around with the current mac beta now, maybe the next beta is public as well...so i am looking forward to it.

Thanks again for your help,
alex

lol4k

2008-12-17 18:57:29

Hello,

I would like to change the presets of the dascratch but i can't open the "Gen Single scs.3d" with the bome's midi translator pro trial.

I have test others and it works ( i see something in the window of bome's midi translator)

Any one idea ?

Thx ! +++

ruediger

2008-12-17 20:57:43

Hi,

the DaScratch Presets are encrypted and cannot be opened with MIDI Translator. Stanton has encrypted them. As I know they are planning to release them as freeware.

But feel free to ask Stanton for that.

Besr regards,
Rüdi

lol4k

2008-12-18 17:51:29

Hi,

the DaScratch Presets are encrypted and cannot be opened with MIDI Translator. Stanton has encrypted them. As I know they are planning to release them as freeware.

But feel free to ask Stanton for that.

Besr regards,
Rüdi
Thx :)

But where i can find a tuto wich explain how create preset with the stanton ?

badibeat

2008-12-27 02:00:27

Hi
I am using Mac OS X and 2 Stanton DaScratch and Traktor Pro and ...

Unencrypted DaScratch presets are now available in the Stanton Forums, except for Traktor Pro, because it is still in beta testing phase. But I can't open Traktor 3.4 presets in Midi Translator Pro 1.6.1 on either Mac OS X or Vista.

Where can I get the Windows beta so I can at least open and edit the files on Windows and run them in DaRouter on Mac OS X?

Badibeat

florian

2009-01-04 12:26:29

I've updated the original (first) post -- this message is just so that subscribed users get a notification email.

Florian

mike912

2009-04-05 23:51:37

when the mac 1.7 is available, will I be able to open the darouter presets and then open my current MT translator patch all in one?

i.e. I am currently running darouter into MT Pro, then translating the messages to be what I want, I have over 50 translators programed for my performance use. will I be able to combine them so to speak? as in make one midi translator patch that contains the dascratch settings and my translators all in one MT file?

I hope that makes sense.

ruediger

2009-04-06 17:32:36

Hi mike,

if the 1.7 on mac is available you can edit the darouter presets. Now, you have to use the windows version.

We have a merge function in 1.7. So integrating should work.

Best regards,
Rüdi

mike912

2009-04-08 02:07:27

thank you ir, I'm a mac only guy so I will just wait for the 1.7 release, thanks.

badibeat

2009-04-10 11:18:48

Im sick about this topic. My whole Music stuff runs on the Mac, and I have at least to be able to run a sufficiently stable 1.7 engine on the Mac.
I still can't use my two SCS.3ds, forget about adding the upcoming SCS.3m.

As for editing I much prefer using a text editor than the GUI. The btmp appear to be quite ordinary ini files. I would parse the stuff using perl or something equivalent to make editing easier, but the btmp syntax is a bit awkward when it comes to distinguish variables (plus there are too few of them). Plus I want to start from the official, functional dual SCS.3d preset for Traktor Pro before investing time and effort.

ruediger

2009-04-14 18:09:06

Hi badibeat,

I am sorry that you are not happy. Give us 2 more week for the first 1.7 Beta on the MAC.

Best regards,
Rüdi

mike912

2009-04-15 20:36:03

2 weeks dude, then I'm traveling over seas :D

badibeat

2009-05-16 20:23:46

Its over a month now.
I'm a developer myself and know how these things go, but still...
And it had better be more recent than what runs inside DaRouter 1.0.19 (the latter is very instable with the latest Traktor Pro presets for dual SCS.3d from Stanton).

florian

2009-05-22 09:37:17

Hi Badibeat,

for exactly that reason, we usually never publish any estimated release dates. We were a little over-optimistic. Sorry for that.

Regarding DaRouter stability: this was introduced by a bug in Traktor Pro (it would send thousands of MIDI messages at once), we have "hardened" the Midi Translator engine already in January to be able to cope with such a flood of messages. Currently, you can download DaRouter 1.23 from the Stanton forums which should be rock stable again.

Also I think that NI has addressed that bug in a recent version of Traktor Pro.

Last but not least, we're feverishly ironing out some last issues so that we can present a somewhat enjoyable pre-release version 1.7 for OSX, shouldn't take long, please hang in there...

Florian

badibeat

2009-05-22 11:15:44

These things can happen and are the reason why transparency is essential.
Why don't you please maintain a release page somewhere which contains all of the relevant information, including release number and date (per platform), solved and and known issues (also per host application including version and date). This should also include the latest beta. Of course you can't test everything, but it would be nice to have he stuff you know in there.
I would very much appreciate this.

florian

2009-05-23 09:58:22

Hi Badibeat,

for exactly that reason we publish a version history:
version history for Windows
version history for OS X

We try to be as informative about releases in future.

Regards,
Florian

florian

2009-05-28 11:58:10

just a notification that the first beta 1.7.0 for OSX is available!
http://www.bome.com/midi/translator/osx_beta.html

Florian

beatniks3

2009-07-16 21:32:09

can someone please update me on the situation as it stands now?

can i add to the generic dual preset with win 1.7 pro

florian

2009-07-22 23:31:45

yes, if you use the non-encrypted .bmtp preset file.
Regards,
Florian

florian

2010-12-20 14:20:57

just a notification that I updated the first, original, post.
Now you can use regular final version 1.6.2 or later for editing presets for DaRouter.
Florian

Parihelion

2011-03-03 00:05:19

Hello all,

I have been trying to get my SCS.3s to work around the lack of V-faders in Traktor Scratch Pro's external mixing mode, but I need some help. Here is one of my original posts: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25807

In essence, I was told by someone whom is extremely knowledgeable about both Traktor Pro and the SCS.3 system that I would need to modify a preset in order to change the SCS.3m's V-faders from "absolute" to "relative", and also to add a CC note to the bottom of the V-faders, in order to map the EQ kill to that new note. If someone can explain how to do this myself, I will, but I honestly don't have the money to purchase BMTP myself. I can, however, provide a small economic incentive for the work, just tell me what you would expect and I will see if I can afford it.

Please keep in mind I am not a very wealthy person, I just respect hard working individuals whom are willing to help me with this specific problem.

Furthermore I would wish to release this preset to the general public, as I am very empathetic with other DJs in my situation. If that is not wise, or is a problem, then please inform me before said work would be accomplished.

I truly appreciate any help that I may receive

Thank you,

Vincent

shabby

2012-01-17 14:55:13

does anyone have a midi list of the scs.3m led feedback. the stanton forum is not helpful for 3m owners..

Michelle242

2012-01-20 15:43:17

I second this above post! Desperately! Especially for the FX/EQ Switches in the middle because I can't figure them out at all!

Michelle242

2012-01-21 05:54:23

I guess application feedback mode must be active in order to control these LEDs. Does anyone know how to evoke application feedback mode on the SCS.3m ? PLEASE!

shabby

2012-02-16 13:03:55

..and this i s why i end up selling most of my midi gear again.. cause any form of support sucks...

Michelle242

2012-02-16 15:33:52

You are absolutely right, Stanton Support is really bad. But the SCS System has such a potential so I decided to figure these things out on my own. And I was successful. I discovered that Application Feedback can simply be evoked by covering the left top slider of the SCS 3m with your fingers and pressing the left headphone button. Now the LEDs of the SCS 3m are completely controlled by Midi.

Just in case anyone here still wants to know... But I guess all of you already sold your SCS 3 components, right? What a pity...

DvlsAdvct

2012-02-16 16:53:22

The 3m can actually be used without Bome altogether. The 3d's can't, but the entire MT mapping for the 3m is used as a thru port.

shabby

2012-02-24 11:10:56

still have it.. cause i like the design a lot.. and the build in templates are usable BUT :

- the button section is either toggle or non-toggle. i would like a combi of does, so therefore i would need to make my own.
- the VU-led's i would like to use too. no info on that for the scs.3m
- ledfeedback in ableton !!

anywaya any help on this is still welcome..

they btw shut down the forum and have re-inroduceed the hardware with a different dj app. on the NAMM ..

doombadger

2012-05-04 03:23:32

Yes indeed they have and not only that but they have yet to upload any of YeH old information from the defunct Stanton support pages. I would strongly urge all SCS System users to get involved in the new forum at Gibson. As I'm sure you can imagine its not exactly the most vibrant of places and needs people to make a noise.

These are fantastic controllers if only we can get a single source for all the data we need. Let's make that Gibson. They've bought it. Now let's see them support it.

pARtybOy

2012-12-01 11:15:29

Hello, I recently bought a SCS1d,I'm using daRouter with Traktor Pro 2 and the preset TP2 2.0.3 from stanton/forum, I was interested on using one of the generic presets,the one with FX banks and trigger pads,but I noticed that the MIDI message for "Jog Touch On"(touching the vinyl) isn`t there... is this easy to add?I never used Bome before, I`m no computer expert, but I can manage to use one easily, I`m a curious guy... so I needed help to add the "Jog Touch On" MIDI message so I can scratch with that preset,then edit the .tsi for my needs.I would also like to know if I could also edit the LCD strips for my favorite FXs.
looking forward, thank you.

DonTequila

2014-01-22 22:39:26

Hey is this forum still active?

I am desperately looking for a solution to get prober LED feedback with ableton live!
I am using the SCS3.m in combination with a novation launchpad mini (wich works perfectly)

Tanks in advance

DvlsAdvct

2014-01-25 16:58:59

Hi DonTequila

Yes the forum is still active but please create a new thread with your question.

skinlayers

2016-12-02 12:26:52

DaRouter can load normal .bmtp project files created with the regular Bome's Midi Translator. You do not need a signing key for creating presets for DaRouter
FYI, this doesn't seem to be the case. At least, not anymore.

I love my SCS.3 system & Traktor, but I've been stuck on Traktor 2.5 for several years because Traktor 2.6 broke the loop on/off functionality, and Stanton dropped Traktor in favor of VirtualDJ, rather than fixing the presets. I decided to see if I could fix TPRO2.6 SCS.3 SYSTEM with REMIX DECKS [A-B-C-D].bmtp that came with DaRouter 1.2.43. I installed the trial version of MT Pro 1.8.1, and I've worked out how to fix the loop enabling issue. However, when I load my modified version of the bmtp file, DaRouter complains that the project file must be signed by the vendor, and will only run for 20 minutes. Thinking that it might be the version, I tracked down an old installer for MT Pro 1.7.1 on the old bome.de site. Same issue. Sure enough, when I opened the original bmtp file in NotePad, I found that it had a 'Midi Translator Pro Internal' signature.

So, it looks like I'm at an impasse. I was hoping to be able to create an updated preset for DaRouter that could then be distributed to other SCS.3 owners that are stuck choosing between an old version of Traktor, switching to VirtualDJ, or ditching their SCS.3. But there doesn't appear to be a way to get DaRouter to load custom presets made in MT Pro. Is that correct, or am I missing something? If I purchase MT Pro, would I be able to sign presets so that they will load in DaRouter, or could I only run my modified presets with MT Pro?

Thank you,
DJ Skinlayers

florian

2016-12-02 14:03:38

Hi skinlayers,
the trial version does not sign project files, only the full (purchased) version does. If there's a signature, it's not updated by the trial version.

A project file signed by MIDI Translator Pro Full should be loaded by DaRouter without resorting to demo mode. If not, it's a bug in DaRouter and I'd work with you to make it work.

Best regards,
Florian