MacOSX: Various

litL1

2008-09-05 18:39:06

Hi,

Since i don't have any comparison with BMT Windows, or prior experience with the app (started messing with it yesterday), here are some humble observations and suggestions, which occurred to me so far:
  • 1. Hitting the Apple-Backspace key combination deletes the currently selected object.

2. Ability to name Ports. This will help in using short names (also for the currently long name of BMT's virtual port!)

3. An [applekey+z] Undo function, and an [applekey+shift+z] or better [applekey+y] Redo function.

4. If it isn't (yet) possible to select multiple Translators (also when not adjacent), it would be great if this could be implemented, in order to copy a selected group and then paste them into a different Preset. ... As it would also be, if i would be able to copy/paste between Translators &/or Presets of different Projects.

5. It would be helpful for the work-flow if upon changing Presets the last selected Translator remains selected (ie. is memorized). It is quite awkward to have to scroll down to the previously selected Translator, when the list is relatively long.
    It would also be good for the work-flow if copying a Preset or Translator would place the copy below the selected, instead of at the bottom, since it would be easier to move it there if one wanted it at the bottom.

6. Main Interface Window: It would be great if the Row-height would automatically adjust to the info, as the column is being stretched to a certain max. width.
    It would also be great to have the Column width (and consequently the Row-height) adjust to an optimal size, like it does in iTunes for example, when double-clicking on the Column division.

mocker

2008-12-28 00:01:23

I second all that…

Happy New Year to everyone.

florian

2009-01-06 11:00:59

Hi Litl1, mocker:

for some reason I haven't seen this thread before, sorry for the late response. These are really great suggestions, some of them we've already wished ourselves! We'll put them on the TODO list, though we can't guarantee any date or release version for when they are implemented. Especially Undo is somewhat difficult to implement (but worthwhile).

Thanks again,
Florian