MT Classic outgoing channel select?

a.radder

2008-08-16 17:23:35

I'm trying to take the incoming trigger of a program change msg and translate that to three outgoing program changes on different MIDI channels.

I know I have to create three translators, but how to tell MT what channel to send on?

This has to be possible, i just can't find ANY reference to it whatsoever in the documentation or on the forum.

thanks,

Aaron

a.radder

2008-08-16 17:49:12

okay, nevermind. i just needed to read up on MIDI channel messages.

It might be a useful addition to the "help" panel in MT if you would mention that the "0" in all the messages refers to the midi channel and can be anything from "0" for 1 to "f" for 16

not everyone comes into this a MIDI genius ;)

thanks for a great, great product. postcard shopping very soon. :)

joesapo

2008-08-18 21:56:10

a.radder wrote:okay, nevermind. i just needed to read up on MIDI channel messages.

It might be a useful addition to the "help" panel in MT if you would mention that the "0" in all the messages refers to the midi channel and can be anything from "0" for 1 to "f" for 16

not everyone comes into this a MIDI genius ;)

thanks for a great, great product. postcard shopping very soon. :)
a.radder,

This is an excellent idea. I will recommend to Florian that we update the manual with a short section on the different parts of MIDI HEX codes and their meanings. For example, how to decipher a MIDI HEX string such as B3 34 7F to mean a MIDI controller message on channel #4, continuous controller #52 and value 128.

Until that happens, please take a look at this page for some great reference information; http://www.io.com/~jimm/midi_ref.html

Joe

a.radder

2008-08-18 23:42:08

joesapo wrote:I will recommend to Florian that we update the manual with a short section on the different parts of MIDI HEX codes and their meanings.
Awesome. and thanks for the link. Most informative.