no dual monitors? well, heres a solution for ya.

fanboi

2008-08-11 15:25:10

ok. so i wrote this script that switches a virtual desktop to previous/next (only using two at the moment), with some simple preset switches and whatnots.

ill copy and paste the topic i made on the live board:
yo. just thought id drop by to share a little bomes script ive done that i use with virtuawin so that i have two desktops on the same monitor, and switch between them with midi. i know i could switch between them with a qwerty keyboard, but i dont fancy letting go of my midi controller int he middle of something just to switch desktop. for me anyways, this is quite a workflow improvement, and perhaps someone would find it useful aswell.

the desktop manager im using is this:
http://virtuawin.sourceforge.net/

change midi/keystrokes as you wish, obviously.
might be useful, surely is for me anyways. ;)

UPDATE: download project file:
SwitchVirtualDesktops.bmtp
(1.57 KiB) Downloaded 178 times

joesapo

2008-08-18 23:14:47

Very cool! I just started using VirtuaWin and may try to incorporate this into my setup... I'd love to be able to look as some of my VSTs on a separate virtual desktop without having to take away screen real-estate from Live...

:D

fanboi

2008-09-17 18:30:03

joesapo wrote:Very cool! I just started using VirtuaWin and may try to incorporate this into my setup... I'd love to be able to look as some of my VSTs on a separate virtual desktop without having to take away screen real-estate from Live...

:D
yep, thats exactly why i wanted to use it, although i was using reaper and hosting some insert effects and whatnots there on my second screen.
i used to have a dual setup, but then one of my monitors died, so this seemed like a pretty simple yet effective solution. also, its portable for live gigging ;)

i@mJONNY

2017-01-29 19:42:03

how do you get/build the outgoing messages?

Incoming0=MID1B00A7F
Outgoing0=Pres04000Cdesktop next
Options0=Actv01Stop00OutO00

thanks

florian

2017-01-29 20:03:39

That's how .bmtp files look when opened in a text editor. I created a bmtp file and attached it to the original post.
Thanks,
Florian