Open Song/Set in Abelton Live w/ FCB1010

kingb

2008-08-01 18:07:45

Hi

I have MT Pro (trial), Live, and FCB1010 working nicely together. What I would like to do when I step on a controller: the open song is closed (not saved), and a new set (song) is loaded into live.

For example:
button 6 >> opens song "A"
button 7 >> opens song "B"

I'm assuming that I'll need to create a WM_Message - if so how do I do that and is there an app to help create (follow keystrokes/mouse etc)?

Or can I do this with a series of Outgoing Key Stroke Emulation?

Thanks!

joesapo

2008-08-19 00:04:12

kingb wrote:Hi

I have MT Pro (trial), Live, and FCB1010 working nicely together. What I would like to do when I step on a controller: the open song is closed (not saved), and a new set (song) is loaded into live.

For example:
button 6 >> opens song "A"
button 7 >> opens song "B"

I'm assuming that I'll need to create a WM_Message - if so how do I do that and is there an app to help create (follow keystrokes/mouse etc)?

Or can I do this with a series of Outgoing Key Stroke Emulation?

Thanks!
I think it would be easier to use some key stroke emulation to accomplish this... This would actually be done fairly simply if you utilize Live's browser. Simply set browser preset #3 to your 'project folder' where all your sets are kept, and script together some keystrokes to navigate to the specific one you want and press 'enter'...

Example;

Open Browser Preset #3 Set #3

Code: Select all

Alt(V )Down Down Down Down Down Down Down Right Down Down Down Down Down Enter Page Up Page Up Down Down Down Enter
And here's a breakdown of what's going on with these keystrokes;

Enter Live's 'View' Menu - Alt(V)
Select the 'Files 3' Section - Down Down Down Down Down Down Down Right Down Down Down Down Down Enter
Make Sure we're at the top of the list - Page Up Page Up
Go down to the third set and load - Down Down Down Enter

Hopes this helps!

Joe