Copy Paste Presets?

Image_Engine

2008-06-07 02:53:23

Hi All
If its possible (which of course it is) to simpy copy the presets and they paste into notepad etc, would that mean they are just text values? And then is it not possible to simply paste text into MT to define the translators? The reason why is that bulk text editing is so simple in Excel where I could keep a master file. Then any updates could be carried out en masse and simple pasted back into MT.
Cheers
Mark

Tuur

2008-06-07 09:36:13

Image_Engine wrote:If its possible (which of course it is) to simpy copy the presets and they paste into notepad etc, would that mean they are just text values? And then is it not possible to simply paste text into MT to define the translators?
Yup.

Image_Engine

2008-06-07 09:44:07

Hmmm...doesnt quite seem to work for me. I would love to be able to handle the data in a text based way in excel. The paste button greys out in MT when I have selected the exact same text from notepad, that I pasted from MT?

florian

2008-06-07 17:38:57

Hi,

in fact, MT uses some "magic" when you copy a preset (or, translators): it places the preset in ".bmtp" format on the clipboard, and, at the same time, a text version of it. Now Notepad sees the text version and lets you paste it. When you want to paste in MT, it requires the ".bmtp" version on the clipboard.

Now, for using excel to edit presets, you will have to go the route of the .bmtp files, which you can open in a text editor. The format is not as "nice" as the text format from copy/paste, but it should be self-explanatory...

Regards,
Florian

Image_Engine

2008-06-07 22:38:20

Hi Florian
Oh...ok. That will help heaps. Im all set to get except now there seems to be a bug in Live...in sees every prog change as pitch bend. Even direct from the FCB hardware. Midi input monitor in MT says everything is ok...AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!
Cheers
Mark

Image_Engine

2008-06-08 08:40:52

Apparently thats a feature....I though I used PChanges in Live4...oh well.

Tuur

2008-06-08 21:58:19

Excuse me. I was under the impression you could paste the code (e.g. posted here) back into MT.

Apparently I had never actually done that. :oops:

Image_Engine

2008-06-08 23:53:59

All Good!
It comes into excel fine (although the values arent delimited) and gets back into MT
Cheers
Mark